We officially entered the spring. It’s the best time to give your body a boost and get your energy from fresh green vegetables, always ready to help.
We’ve all heard the hype about green smoothies. They’re a quick and easy way to get more veggies into your diet, which is always a good thing. Everything from green smoothies to green juices is all part of what’s called “detoxing,” which means that you’re getting rid of toxins from your body.
These kinds of detoxes are also known as “cleansing” or “flushing.” So, what does this have to do with our smoothie?
As you probably know, a lot of the nutrients in kale and parsley are contained in their chlorophyll. The great thing about chlorophyll is that it helps break down toxins in the body, which makes it helpful for cleansing.
That’s why I’ve used so much parsley and kale in this recipe: they’re going to help flush out those nasty toxins!
What are some good sources of these toxins? Cigarettes, alcohol, and sugar can all be stored in your body as fat cells, which can cause problems later.
You should still try to drink plenty of water while you’re on this detox—and not just because I don’t want you to get dehydrated! Water helps flush out those toxins that can accumulate in your bloodstream
Smoothie is also a versatile drink because it can be made from many combinations, depending on your preferences.
Because breakfast is the ideal time of the day to recharge with energy, I present kale, parsley, and celery smoothie recipe, rich in mineral vitamins and antioxidants, which will keep you fresh until the evening, and which will give you a quick spring detox, moreover, it is easy to prepare, dairy-free, paleo, and vegan.
It is easy to prepare, so prepare the food processor and mix.
Before presenting the recipe, let’s see some information about 2 of the main ingredients of this delicious and healthy smoothie, namely: kale and celery, and all the sources of nutrients they offer.
Kale is a nutrient-rich superfood! For this reason, kale should occupy a leading place in our daily diet.
It is also known as peasant’s cabbage, been cultivated for over 2000 years. It has a very high resistance to frost, which is why it has been cultivated (and still is cultivated) on a large scale, especially in Europe.
Kale is a vegetable that belongs to the Brassica family, the same family that includes broccoli, mustard, and brussels sprouts.
What nutrients does Kale contain?
Kale is one of the most nutritious vegetables needed by our body. It is not for nothing that nutritionists call kale a superfood.
A cup of raw kale has only 30 calories!
9 Benefits of Kale:
• Supports bone health
• Effective for brain health
• Prevents/improves cancer symptoms
• Reduces cholesterol levels
• Useful in detoxifying the body
• Supports eye health
• Helps skin and hair health
• Dietary aid
• It has a strong anti-inflammatory effect.
Celery is one of the healthiest vegetables, it is rich in antioxidants and essential vitamins for a healthy body.
We mainly consume celery root and use it in soups, broths, dishes, and salads, but we often neglect the stems and leaves, without knowing what secrets they hide. It is good to know that the whole celery plant is good for your health, so you can use it in its entirety, in salads or heat-processed dishes.
Celery has anti-inflammatory, antidepressant, and antibiotic effects, available both for the consumption of the root and for the leaves of the plant. Celery can cure and prevent dozens of ailments.
What nutrients does celery contain?
Celery has high fiber content and low carbohydrate content is rich in vitamin C, and K, but also in water, and is considered a source of hydration.
10 Benefits of celery:
• Reduces blood pressure
• Decreases negative cholesterol
• Helps to lose weight
• Adjuvant in joint diseases
• Good calming nervous system
• Strengthens the immune system
• Treats constipation
• Reduces arthritis symptoms
• Good adjuvant in bacterial infections
• Recommended in case of impotence and frigidity
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Times: 10 Minutes
• 1 cup of kale leaves
• 2 parsley threads
• Apio celery stalk, or celery leaves
• ½ tbsp lemon juice
• 2 bananas
• 1 kiwi
• 1 teaspoon honey, or maple syrup (optional)
• 1 cup of water.
1. Wash all the leaves very well under running water, then cut the celery into cubes.
2. Peel the bananas and the kiwi, grate, and slice them.
3. Add all the ingredients to the blender and mix well until completely incorporated.
Below you have the final result of this delicious kale, parsley, and celery green smoothie detoxifier!
I can’t think of a better way to shake off winter than with a detox smoothie. And this one is so simple that you can make it even if you haven’t bought any new kitchen gadgets yet!
Vegetables, and especially their green leaves, have a considerable concentration of nutrients (antioxidants, fiber, minerals) with proven beneficial effects for the body.
They are often used in the treatment of serious conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes, and even cancer.
Although salads are an important source of unprocessed ingredients, a smoothie is sometimes a convenient choice, so I recommend this delicious kale, parsley, and celery smoothie, it is easy to prepare, dairy-free, paleo, and vegan.
The cool, fresh taste of a green smoothie is invigorating because it’s so healthy for you. I love the minty, almost grassy flavor that kale can contribute to a smoothie, and it’s an excellent source of vitamins A and C as well as iron.
Parsley also makes a great addition to a smoothie—it’s rich in vitamins A and C, as well as iron, magnesium, and calcium. Celery has a mildly sweet flavor and is low in calories and sodium, making it a good choice for dieters.
Good to know:
• Do not add sugar. The recipes contain fruit, which is sweet.
• To take full advantage of the nutritional and healing properties of smoothies, consume them immediately after preparation, within 15 minutes.
• It is important to have the right ingredients, but without a suitable blender, the whole preparation process can be easily compromised.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- How to Make a Perfect Green Smoothie – The 5 Rules to Follow
- Wild Blueberry, Avocado, Chlorella Detox Green Smoothie
- The Perfect Energizing and Detoxifying Green Smoothie Recipe: Broccoli, Spinach, Kiwi, Apple Cider Vinegar
- Super Green Cleanse Chlorella, Spinach, Parsley, and Dill Smoothie
- Best Detoxifying Cucumber, Dill, Basil, and Mint Green Smoothie