Hi everyone! Salads are my new passion. Although the bitter taste of arugula salad is not to my liking, it is a healthy salad, so I try to find all sorts of combinations to enjoy it. That’s how I came to combine arugula with carameized walnuts, cranberries, and baked pumpkin for a delicious and healthy autumn recipe.
Like most salads, it is simple, and in combination with pumpkin, and walnuts are also healthy.
Did you know that pumpkin contains potassium, which helps the heart, strengthens the immune system due to the content of vitamin C, has a consistent intake of calcium that protects bones? A multitude of reasons to eat more pumpkin, either in salads or pies.
• 125 g arugula
• 250 g pumpkin
• 30 g nuts
• 30 g dried cranberries
• 5 tablespoons olive oil
• 30 g of honey
• 50 g butter
• 30 g brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• pepper – to taste
• ½ teaspoon salt
Method of preparation:
1. First, prepare the pumpkin. I had a whole pumpkin of which I used, for this recipe, only half. So I cut the pumpkin in half, took out its seeds, and put it on a tray covered with baking paper.
2. Sprinkle the pumpkin with salt and a tablespoon of olive oil and bake in the oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes until the pulp is soft and cooked.
3. While the pumpkin was in the oven, I caramelized the nuts. In a pan, I heated the butter and then I added the brown sugar.
4. I let it caramelize and added nuts. I let the nuts caramelize with the sugar for a few seconds and turned off the heat.
5. After the pumpkin is cooked, I cut it into slices, removing the peel, and cut the pulp into cubes.
6. For the dressing, I mixed the rest of the olive oil, honey, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
7. I put in a bowl, the arugula, the baked pumpkin, caramelized walnuts, cranberries, and dressing and mixed well.
The salad is served immediately.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
You may also like:
- A delicious and low-calorie lunch: baked cauliflower baked with parmesan
- Healthy chicken breast with creamy turmeric sauce and mushrooms – low-carb recipe
- A delicious dessert of fall: pears in the oven filled with honey, nuts, and cinnamon
- Spinach and valerian salad with mozzarella and orange
- Salad pasta with grilled vegetables and parmesan cheese
- Chickpeas salad with tomatoes and tuna fish