A sweet snack from time to time suits the fall/winter period. Even if you plan to lose weight this year.
Of course, you know how wonderful the doughs are when you add carrots or grated zucchini to them. I use both vegetables even when baking chocolate or walnut cake, which gives it an extremely good taste. The third companion is, without a doubt, the pumpkin.
Add dried cranberries, honey, pumpkin seeds, and hazelnuts and you will get a delicious autumn dish, which you are already looking forward to half a year in advance.
This pumpkin bread with wholemeal flour, baked pumpkin, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, hazelnuts, and cinnamon glaze is very delicious and healthy. It has a discreet taste, which, as in other cases, does not give away anything from its origin. If you don’t know this bread, you will first wonder what ingredients the dough contains.
A slice of this delicious bread with cinnamon glaze, goes great with a glass of milk in the morning. But even with afternoon tea, we can’t say it’s bad.
And in the role of snack taken in the park, under the last rays of the warm sunshine of this year, we can say that it would be just perfect!
If you want to be convinced of the benefits of eating pumpkin, read more about it in my article HERE.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Leavened Time: 2h
Total Time: 3h: 15 minutes
• 450 g pumpkin puree
• 500 g wholemeal flour
• 80 g melted butter
• 7 g dry yeast or 25 g fresh yeast
• 70 ml of warm almond milk
• 1 tbsp maple syrup
• ½ tsp salt
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/6 tsp nutmeg
• 1/6 tsp ground cloves
• ¼ tsp ground powdered ginger
• 3 tbsp dried cranberries
• 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
• 50 g crushed hazelnuts.
Note: The pumpkin puree appears darker in the picture because I season the pumpkin with the above spices when I bake it.
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp flax seeds
• ½ tsp sesame seeds
• 1 tsp pumpkin seeds.
Cinnamon Glaze Ingredients:
• 1 cup stevia
• 3 tablespoons melted butter
• 3 tablespoons milk
• ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
• ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon allspice
• ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves.
• 2 tbsp sunflower oil
• 1 bunch of food string.
INSTRUCTIONS for this amazing pumpkin bread:
1. In a large bowl add the warm almond milk and melted butter, mix, add the yeast and mix until smooth, add the maple syrup, and mix and then let it rise for 10-15 minutes.
2. In another bowl add the pumpkin puree, and salt, sift over half the amount of flour, add the yeast mixture, and mix, sift the rest of the flour, and when we see that it can no longer be mixed with a spoon, we start to knead with his hands.
3. Take the dough from the bowl and put it on the worktable and knead it for 10-minutes until the hand remains clean and is no longer sticky. Whatever the top, do not put flour on the work table because you change the texture of the dough.
4. Put the dough in a bowl, cover it with a towel and leave it to leaven for 1 hour.
5. After this hour, we take the dough from the bowl and grind it with a rolling pin on the worktable over which we previously spread the flour, then we add the cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and crushed hazelnuts, after which we roll the bread in the shape of a ball.
6. Cut 4 pieces of food string, with a length of 70-75 cm each. Put them in a small bowl filled with sunflower oil.
7. Cover a baking tray with baking paper. Place two pieces of oiled string with an “+” shape and add two more pieces of oiled string with an “X” shape in the center. Put the ball of dough on them and tie each piece of string around the ball in a not-very-tight knot. In the end, you will have 8 sections of dough separated by strings. Leave to leaven for another 1 hour in a warm place until it doubles in size. The dough should take the shape of a pumpkin.
8. Grease the pumpkin bread with melted butter, cut each piece with a sharp knife, spread over sesame, flax, and pumpkin seeds, and bake in the preheated oven at 185 ° C for 55 minutes. The bread should be browned.
9. Place the bread on a grill to cool. When the bread is warm (after 5 minutes), remove the pieces of string by cutting them. With a knife, make a hole in the middle of the bread and insert a cinnamon stick in the middle of the bread to look like a stem, then let it cool before serving.
How to make the cinnamon glaze
10. In a bowl whisk together all the ingredients, then drizzle over the warm (not hot bread).
Note: I recommend using a food string to bind the dough and not an ordinary one. The food string is made of unbleached cotton, i.e., it is not treated with chlorine, which is a chemical compound. Cotton is a fiber that can withstand high temperatures, so it is suitable for baking, instead of linen or hemp twine. In addition, the food/kitchen twine does not lend any taste or smell to the food.
This delicious bread with cinnamon glaze iis dense, soft, and delicious, similar in appearance to a cake, is a perfect snack for tea, milk, or coffee.
This bread might not be the most exciting thing on the planet, but it’s a delicious, versatile fall classic that’s easy to make and perfect to serve as a breakfast treat or dessert. Is even better than average and healthier than some of the other loaf recipes out there.
The bread has no refined sugar, is low in fat and calories, contains whole grain flour, and has plenty of fiber from the pumpkin and cranberries.
Plus, it’s really easy to make. So why not skip those preservative-added grocery store loaves and give this one a shot instead? Your tummy and your wallet will thank you for it. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for a healthy and easy fall recipe, this one is right up your alley. Go ahead, give it a try!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
Leave your thoughts below in the comment section! And if you like it don’t forget to share it, and follow me on social media, Thank you!
You may also like:
- Autumn Flavors in A Glass: Creamy and Antioxidant Smoothie with Baked Pumpkin, Blueberries, and Spices
- Delicious and Healthy Autumn Salad with Arugula, Baked Pumpkin, Cranberries, and Caramelized Nuts
- Best Low Carb, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Keto, Flavored Pumpkin and White Chocolate Fat Bombs
- Delicious and Healthy Autumn Recipe: Pasta with Mushrooms and Pumpkin
- Fabulous Mirror Glaze Vegan, No-Bake, Pumpkin, Vegan Caramel and Walnuts Cheesecake (Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free)