The market stalls are full of seasonal fruits so it wouldn’t hurt to take advantage of them to prepare tasty and healthy jams.
Prepare jams from natural ingredients and try to give up the sugar content to fully enjoy the nutrients that the fruits in the jams have.
This sugar-free homemade apricot jam recipe that I will present below is the healthy version of the classic jam that we have all avoided in recent years, precisely because of the addition of 1: 1 sugar in most recipes.
Before presenting the ingredients and how to prepare this homemade, dietary, delicious sugar-free jam, let’s see some information and benefits about the main ingredients: Apricots!
Apricots are some of the most appreciated fruits with a special taste, sweet-sour, and very aromatic. Wonderful apricots have many health benefits and are used in many recipes.
It is not for nothing that apricot kernels have the shape of a heart. According to numerous scientific studies in this field, apricots and oil extracted from its precious seeds can protect the heart and other vital organs from many diseases, and the rich content of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals make this juicy and fragrant fruit a real fountain of youth and health.
They can be eaten fresh or dried. They are also used in a wide variety of juices, jams, and nectars. From the kernels, you get an oil used for skin care.
The nutritional value:
They owe their impressive health benefits to the vitamins they contain, including vitamins A, C, K, E, and the content of minerals, including potassium, copper, manganese, magnesium, and phosphorus. They are also a good source of dietary fiber, as are most fruits.
8 Benefits of apricots:
• Prevents cataracts and helps you maintain your eyesight, having a high level of beta-carotene and vitamin A, essential for your eyes.
• They can prevent cancer by having a very high level of antioxidants, helping to prevent the effects of free radicals.
• Bad cholesterol can be lowered by eating apricots.
• Constipation and colon cancer can be prevented by the beneficial effects of these fruits, with many natural fibers incorporated.
• Anemic people may eat apricots to combat this condition.
• Prostate cancer can be prevented due to vitamins.
• The liver can be partially regenerated by eating apricots.
• Apricot kernels contain a lot of main fatty acids and proteins, being beneficial for the body.
This sugar-free apricot jam is not so sweet, but it is much healthier. The secret is to use apple juice that contains pectin and will help both the preservation and gelling of apricots.
• 500 ml of very sweet apple juice
• 2 kg apricots (1.7 kg without seeds)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Method of preparation:
1. Wash the apricots well and remove the stalks and seeds
2. Pour the apple juice into a large bowl and simmer until reduced by half
3. Add the apricots
4. Add the vanilla essence and lemon juice
5. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring constantly. Because I wanted a well-gelled apricot jam, I boiled the jam 2 times for 30 minutes, with a cooling interval. That is, boil for 30 minutes, let it cool, and boil and then cool
6. When it reaches the desired consistency, turn off the heat and pour the jam into sterilized jars.
7. Close the jars tightly and immediately place them with the leaf up (10 min), to form a vacuum; then return to the normal position and allow to cool slowly, in Dunst, and transfer to the pantry.
Of course, I kept it a little and aside to test it. It is a little sour but with the taste and aroma of fresh apricots. The color is nice, and the consistency given by the apple pectin is very good.
The jars with this sugar-free apricot jam are kept in the cool pantry. After opening a jar, it must be kept in the refrigerator.
The fact that it does not contain sugar makes it suitable for any diet, children, or diabetics.
Continuing my “dietary jam series”, this one is sugar-free. I had a few requests for it, so here it is. It was quite easy to make, and best of all, the apricots were fresh and good-ripened!
The texture, taste, and color are amazing, especially considering there are no artificial sweeteners or preservatives in the ingredients listed above.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- 3 healthy and tasty dessert recipes for this summer
- Homemade natural recipe of bananas and strawberries popsicle
- Delicious chocolate and almonds muffins (without flour)
- Delicious biscuits with coconut flakes and grated apples
- Vegan gluten-free almond snack bars with dates filling