Because it is their season, of fragrant and colorful berries, I thought of preparing a recipe for blackberry and raspberry cake in combination with chocolate. It is an extraordinarily beautiful and heavenly delicious cake, with a harmonious combination of tastes and aromas.
Berries are my favorites in desserts and from the point of view of taste, but also of color. Fruit desserts look very nice and are more appetizing.
A party doesn’t feel like a party until you serve a nice big slice of cake. It’s the final touch of elegance and sweet, velvety softness, the piece de resistance, that brings all the flavors together and says: You’re done with dinner. Now, it’s time to have dessert!
Have you ever tasted a cake with white and dark chocolate, in combination with raspberry and blackberry? I promise you will be blown away by how good it is!
This blackberry, raspberry, and chocolate filling are rich and decadent while the fluffy sponge is light and delicate with a hint of lemon. The filling is made with mascarpone cheese and whipped cream creating a lusciously sweet and creamy layer that blends perfectly with the fruity cream.
This is the organization of the layers:
1st Layer – Blackberry Jelly
2nd Layer – Dark Chocolate Ganache
3rd Layer – Raspberry Jelly
Note: I suggest you prepare the 2 jellies 1 day before preparing the cake.
Before presenting the ingredients and the preparation method, let’s talk a little about 2 of the main ingredients of this fabulous cake, namely, Raspberry and Blackberry.
Raspberry is a fragrant, nutritious, and very tasty fruit, with very few calories, and rich in a multitude of nutrients. The delicious bright red-pink raspberry is one of the most popular berries you want to enjoy!
It is a rich source of chemicals, vitamins, and minerals essential for optimal health.
Raspberries can be consumed all year round, either freshly picked in May-July or frozen.
The fruits can be used as such, in the preparation of various cakes, ice creams, and fruit salads, they can also be consumed in the form of sherbet, jam, and jellies.
The fruit has antiscorbutic and diuretic properties and helps to maintain a healthy liver, raspberry juice, sweetened with honey, is used to reduce fever, a raspberry leaf tea is used to treat diarrhea and stomach colic.
The raspberry leaf infusion is also used as a tonic, and the extract of raspberry leaves and roots is also used as an anti-inflammatory, decongestant, and astringent agent, it is also used to make a gargle that treats inflammation of the oral cavity, the raspberry syrup is an aid for heart diseases.
They contain a good amount of minerals such as potassium, manganese, copper, iron, and magnesium. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids and helps control heart rate and blood pressure. Manganese is used by the body as a co-factor for the powerful antioxidant enzyme, superoxide dismutase.
They are also rich in vitamins such as vitamin A, B complex (B2, B3, B6), vitamin E, and K, they also contain flavonoids and fiber.
It is one of the fruits with the fewest calories: only 33 calories per 100 g.
7 Benefits of Raspberries:
Raspberries are an extremely tasty fruit that also has multiple benefits for the body and the benefits that its consumption brings to the body cover quite a wide palette, such as:
• Protects body cells.
• Helps regulate blood sugar levels.
• Reduces the risk of cancer.
• Stimulates appetite
• Relieves joint pain.
• Reduces cholesterol.
• Helps to lose weight.
The beneficial properties of blackberries have been known by folk healers for a long time. Various sweets or simply dried fruits were prepared from it, then added to tea.
With proper use and the help of blackberries, you can improve metabolic processes, strengthen immunity, increase hemoglobin levels, and take care of the prevention of many diseases.
These fruits are natural antidepressants. They can calm the nervous system and strengthen the immune system. The fruit is taken for sleep disorders, nerves, and fever.
With intense black-purple color, blackberries are tasty, fleshy, and juicy fruits. They can be eaten as such, and thanks to their sweet-sour taste, housewives add them to cakes, and salads, and use them to prepare blackberry jam, syrups, sauces, and various creams.
Blackberries are rich in the most powerful antioxidant: resveratrol, they also contain vitamins such as the B complex (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6), vitamins C, E, K, PP, and minerals (calcium, copper, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, sodium, selenium, copper),
All these substances have an anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-aging, and anti-cancer role, they also contain good quality sugars, proteins, and very little vegetable fats
10 Benefits of Blackberries:
Blackberries conquer us with their intense aroma and sweet-sour taste, but if you discover the many benefits that blackberries bring to your health, you will love these fruits even more.
• They strengthen the bones
• They have an antioxidant effect
• They strengthen the immune system
• Detoxifies the liver
• Combats constipation
• Lower bad cholesterol
• Accelerates the healing of wounds
• Protects vision
• They prevent cancer
• Prevent anemia.
Cakes are among the most favorite desserts of all time. You may love them, or your partner may love them, or your kids or your friends. But when it comes to cakes what is loved by everyone is the heavenly taste.
One such cake that will be loved by everyone is this double chocolate, raspberry, and blackberry cake. And here are the ingredients and here’s how you can make it.
• 500 g whole flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 ½ tsp baking soda
• 180 ml milk
• 1 tbsp vinegar
• 100 g Stevia
• 100 ml oil
• 300 g Greek yogurt
• 1 tsp lemon essence
• The zest from 1 lemon.
These are the ingredients for 1 batch of 21 cm. You need 2.
Ingredients for the filling:
• 100 g Mascarpone
• 100 ml unsweetened whipped cream (min 30%)
• 100 g dark chocolate (75%)
• 15 g of Stevia sweetener
• 5 g of gelatin
• 1 tsp of lemon essence
• 1 tsp lemon juice.
Ingredients for the blackberry and raspberry jelly:
• 500 g raspberries (fresh or frozen) + 100g decor
• 500 g blackberries (fresh or frozen) + 100g decor
• 16 g of gelatin (8 g for each of the 2 jellies)
• 100 ml of water for the gelatin.
Ingredients for the dark chocolate buttercream icing:
• 380 g unsalted butter (80%) – at room temperature
• 300 g powdered Stevia sweetener
• 1 tsp lemon essence
• 50 g unsweetened dark chocolate (70%, melted)
• 250 g cream cheese (at room temperature). – optional, sa vad cum iese la al meu
Ingredients for decoration:
• 500 g of black fondant to cover the cake + 50 g for the covering of the decorative foam spheres)
• 50 g of red fondant (for the covering of the decorative foam spheres)
• ½ tsp edible gold dust
• ½ tsp edible gold flakes
• 150 g blackberries
• 150 g raspberries
• 400 g unsweetened white chocolate for the chocolate semispheres the 4 red and black ones (these will be covered with red and black fondant) and the other small 8 (It’s so simple to do them: just melt the chocolate, pour it into the silicon molds, and after it hardens brush it with gold dust mixed with water).
INSTRUCTIONS: for this raspberry jelly and blackberry cake:
Make the sponge:
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease with butter a 21 cm springform cake pan and line with baking paper and an acetate sheet.
2. In a bowl combine the milk with the vinegar, stir, then set aside until the end.
3. In a large bowl sift all the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, start working on the ingredients: pour the stevia and the oil and mix with a whisk very well.
5. Pour the yogurt, lemon zest, and lemon essence and mix them all.
6. It’s time to mix all the ingredients, so pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and incorporate them with a spatula, then, at the end add the milk/ vinegar mix into the mixture and mix them well.
7. Start pouring the mix into the springform pan and put in the oven for 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
8. Remove the sponge from the oven and remove the sides from the cake pan and transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
Note: I will suggest you make the sponges a day before.
Make the blackberry and raspberry jellies:
9. The gelatin is left to hydrate in 40 ml of water for 5-10 minutes.
10. Put the raspberries in a saucepan and simmer at low-medium heat for 3-4 minutes stirring constantly.
11. Take the raspberries off the heat, leave them to cool for a few minutes, add the bloomed gelatin, blend, then sieve.
12. Repeat the same operations with the blackberries.
Note: I suggest you make the raspberry jelly a day before, so it will have time to harden.
Make the filling:
13. The gelatin is left to hydrate in 30 ml of water for 10 minutes.
14. In a bowl add the whipping cream and the Stevia sweetener and mix until it becomes creamy.
15. Add the Mascarpone and bloomed gelatin and mix for 1 minute until it forms peaks, finally add the lemon juice and lemon essence.
16. Add the dark chocolate into a bowl, and mix l with a spatula until incorporated.
Assembling the cake:
17. Let’s start cutting the cake into 4 slices with the use of a bread/ cake knife. Place your hand on top of the sponge, put the knife in, and just carefully go around, in, and out.
18. Let’s start assembling the cake. The first layer will be the blackberry jelly, followed by the dark chocolate cream, then the raspberry jelly
19. Put the cake in the freezer for 1 hour for the filling to set.
Make the dark chocolate buttercream icing:
20. Mix the butter in a bowl with the mixer for 3 minutes at high speed until you get a creamy composition. Then, gradually add the powdered sweetener and mix again for 2-3 minutes.
21. Add in the composition the lemon essence and the melted and cooled dark chocolate and incorporate them with the help of a spatula. In the end, also incorporate the cream cheese. Don’t use the mixer, only the spatula.
Icing the cake:
22. Spread the dark chocolate buttercream on the cake and level with a scraper as much as possible at this stage when the buttercream is soft. Refrigerate the cake for an hour to harden.
23. Take the cake out of the fridge, the buttercream has hardened, and now we can start to finish it with a spatula, patiently, until it is smooth everywhere. Refrigerate the cake for an hour to harden.
Covering the cake with the fondant:
24. The cake must be as level as possible, on the entire surface. With the help of a brush, wet the entire cake to facilitate sticking the fondant, then set it aside.
25. We will use a silicone mat. First, we knead the black fondant until it becomes very elastic. Then dust the work surface with sifted cornstarch.
26. We stretch from the middle outwards with the help of a rolling pin, always turning the fondant, to the left or the right, to be sure that it does not stick to the work surface. If necessary, powder the table/ mat silicone. We continue to stretch until we reach a thickness of approximately 4-5 mm.
27. After finishing rolling, dust the upper surface of the fondant a little and roll it on the rolling pin.
28. We take out our cake dressed in the dark chocolate buttercream from the fridge and start rolling the dough on the cake, measuring so that the dough reaches all sides.
29. Then we start to level the fondant on the side with the help of the bridge of the palm, not with the fingers, being careful not to form creases. For this reason, we need a very elastic fondant, and not brittle, to fold it into the shape we want.
30. After making sure that we spread the fondant on all sides, cut off the excess. Then we level the fondant with a cake smoother. Do not neglect this step because otherwise, you will not get a smooth and perfect surface.
Decorating the cake:
You can decorate the cake as you wish, only your imagination is the limit.
With the help of a brush, I sprinkled the cake with edible gold dust.
Place the cake on a cake stand and decorate it with spheres covered in black, red, and gold fondant, plus stripes of edible gold flakes. raspberries, blackberries, and half spheres of white chocolate covered in black and red fondant, dark chocolate pieces.
This is what a section of this fabulous cake looks like:
If you love desserts with an intense taste of chocolate and berries, I offer you a recipe for chocolate cake with raspberries and blackberries, fabulous in appearance, delicious, and very aromatic.
The chocolate is present in this cake in 2 layers, and the raspberries and blackberries added in abundance, give the cake color and flavor, but also an extra freshness. The cake top has a slightly moist texture, so it does not require any more syrup.
Specially prepared for an anniversary, this cake with white and dark chocolate and berries was a great success, thanks to the irresistible combination of chocolate with raspberries and blackberries.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- Vegan festive black forest cake (Foret Noire) with cherries and chocolate
- Delicious homemade recipe: ladyfingers sponge cake with chocolate and oranges
- Fabulous Mirror Glaze Vegan, No-Bake, Pumpkin, Vegan Caramel and Walnuts Cheesecake (Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free)
- Fabulous Super Moist Mirror Glaze Sugar-Free Truffle Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry Cake
- Fabulous Vegan Mirror Glaze Chocolate Orange Ginger Cake (No-Bake, Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free)
- Cool and Tasty Yogurt, Kiwi, Banana, Wild Blueberry, and Lemon Jelly Cake (No-Bake Sugar-Free Low-Carb)
- How to Make the Best and Beautiful Erupting Volcano Island Mango Cake