I love mango. And I love cheesecake. And I love erupting volcanoes.
What is an erupting volcano cake jelly island, you ask? It’s a dessert that combines the best of three classic desserts: sponge, cheesecake, and jelly, and adds a tropical twist by creating the illusion of a fiery island rising out of the sea.
As soon as summer arrives, I start craving tropical flavors. I am most inspired by the flavors of mango and pineapple. They are the two fruits that make my mouth water and allow me to escape to an island paradise with every bite.
Mangoes are popularly known as “the fruit of the angels” and for good reason: they’re sweet, juicy, and downright heavenly!
So how does one go about incorporating this tropical favorite into a dessert? The answer is simple: take the fruits of the angels and combine them with cheesecake, one of life’s greatest indulgences.
Both mangoes and cheesecakes are favorites of mine, so I decided to put the two together in a new way, this erupting volcano mango cheesecake.
I planned this cake for a few months, as a special occasion, namely, to thank you, the readers of Birdy’s Health Dose, because without you, today, July 23, 2022, the blog would not have turned 3 years old, SO, THANK YOU ALL!, and Happy Birthday to BIRDY’S HEALTH DOSE blog for the 3rd Anniversary!
This dessert is perfect for serving at a party or even just a family dinner. The erupting volcano on the cake serves as the focal point of the dessert, making it the star. For those who love tropical desserts, this one is sure to be a huge hit!
This cheesecake is easy to make and the process is not so complicated, however, the decoration process is meticulous.
It is a perfect dessert for the summer. Your guests will enjoy the lovely view of the erupting volcano island at your dessert table.
Before presenting the ingredients and how to prepare this delicious erupting volcano jelly island cheesecake, let’s see some information and the benefits of the main ingredient: Mango.
Mango is a tropical fruit from the drupe family (those fleshy and juicy fruits that have a single seed in their center). Sometimes called the “king of fruits”, mango is one of the most widely eaten fruits in the world.
These fruits are not only delicious, but also very nutritious, but, as with any fruit, moderation is important, because mango also contains a lot of sugar.
Most often, mango is eaten as such, fresh. All you have to do is peel it, take off the seed, and slice it.
However, if you want to diversify your eating habits, you can include it in fruit salads, and more. Mango is very versatile and can be included in smoothies, juices, salads, purees, or even sauces if you prefer the sweetest.
Mango contains a lot of nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin A, copper, folic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin E, vitamin B5, vitamin K, potassium, manganese, thiamine, magnesium, and in small amounts iron, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, selenium.
10 Amazing Benefits:
Due to a large number of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients, mango can be beneficial in treating health problems and maintaining the normal functioning of some organs.
Below are the main benefits of mango.
• Rich source of antioxidants
• Prevents macular degeneration
• May regulate blood sugar in obese people
• Improves immunity
• Reduces the risk of heart disease
• Improves the digestive system
• Supports skin and hair health
• Mango is known for its antiseptic effect
• Improves bone health
• Promotes brain health.
Making an edible, colorful, and delicious erupting volcano jelly island cheesecake can be a challenge, but this recipe will help you step by step, so, let’s see what are the ingredients and the steps to accomplish that.
The Tropical Secret for Healthy Weight Loss
“Wet” Sponge ingredients:
• 600 g whole flour
• 80 g cocoa powder
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 2 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp coffee
• 1 pinch of salt
• 1 1/2 cup milk
• 1 tbsp vinegar
• 1/2 cup Stevia (I don’t like it too sweet, but if you do, you can make it from 1 cup)
• 2/3 cup oil
• 400 g Greek yogurt
• 1 tsp lemon essence
• The zest from 1 orange.
These are the ingredients for 1 batch, you’ll need 4 batches 2 x 26 cm, and 2 x 21 cm (use the same amount of ingredients for each batch).
Ingredients for the filling:
• 1,2 kg Mascarpone
• 1000 ml unsweetened heavy cream
• 70 g of Stevia sweetener
• 40 g of gelatin
• 1 pinch of salt
• 2 tsp of lemon essence
• 2 tbsp lemon juice.
Ingredients for the mango puree:
• 1100 g of fresh mango pulp (6 mangoes)
• 20 g of gelatin
• 100 ml of water
• 2 tsp of lemon juice.
Ingredients for the chocolate ganache:
• 800 g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
• 100 g Stevia sweetener (ground)
• 160 g unsweetened cocoa powder
• 480 g vegan dark chocolate (80% melted)
• 3 cups slightly warm unsweetened heavy cream.
Ingredients for the turquoise jelly:
• 250 ml of water
• 20 g of gelatin
• 90 ml of water (for the gelatin)
• Lemon juice from a lemon or lemon extract
• Turquoise bio food coloring.
Ingredients for the “grass”:
• 2 whole eggs
• 1 tbsp of Stevia
• 1 tsp of corn syrup
• 2 tbsp of flour
• 1 tbsp of baking powder
• Green bio food coloring
• Green bio food coloring (Lighter shade).
• 1000 g fondant (for covering the volcano) – 700 g grey fondant, and 300 g light orange fondant for the “lava rivers”
• 2 ground Oreo biscuits for the fondant
• Grey bio food coloring (for the volcano fondant)
• White bio food coloring (for the sea jelly waves).
The Only Natural Formula that Helps Torching Off Fat from Your Problem Areas
Make the “wet” sponge:
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease with butter a 26 cm springform cake pan and line with baking paper.
2. In a bowl combine the milk with the vinegar, stir, then set aside for a few minutes.
3. In a large bowl sift all the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, coffee, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, we will start working on our wet ingredients: pour the stevia and the oil and mix with a whisk very well so that a lot of air is incorporated into the sponge.
5. Now, pour the Greek yogurt, orange zest, and lemon essence and mix them all.
6. It’s time to mix all the ingredients, so pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and incorporate them with a spatula, then, at the end add the milk/ vinegar mix into the mixture and mix them well without overmixing the batter.
7. Our batter is ready to start pouring it into the springform pan and up it goes into the oven to bake for 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
8. Remove sides from the cake pan and transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
Note: For this cake, I used 2 springform pans: 26 cm and 21 cm.
Make the mango puree:
9. The gelatin is left to hydrate in 100 ml of water for 10 minutes.
10. Take the well-ripened mango fruits, peel them, remove the seeds, and cut them into cubes or strips, then put them in a saucepan, add 2 tbsp of lemon juice, and boil at medium heat stirring constantly.
11. After 2 minutes take the mangos off the heat, leave to cool for a few minutes, add the bloomed gelatin, blend, then sieve.
Make the filling:
12. The gelatin is left to hydrate in 200 ml of water for 10 minutes.
13. In a bowl add the heavy cream and the Stevia sweetener and mix until it gets a creamy consistency.
14. Add the Mascarpone and bloomed gelatin and mix for 1 minute until it reaches a creamy consistency, finally add salt, lemon juice, and vanilla essence.
15. Add the mango puree to the cream and mix lightly with a wooden spoon/spatula until completely incorporated.
Make the chocolate ganache:
Let’s start making our chocolate ganache 😊
16. In a large bowl put the butter and mix it well until it becomes light and fluffy, then sift over the stevia (ground) and the cocoa powder and mix until fluffy.
17. Over this add the melted dark chocolate and mix it, then also add the heavy cream (slightly warmed) and mix.
My chocolate ganache is ready, and it looks so yummy! 😊 Put it in the fridge for 15 minutes until it becomes firm, then we can start assembling the cake.
Assembling the cake:
18. Now we are going to cut every batch of the cake into 3 slices with the use of a bread/ cake knife. Place your hand on top of the sponge, put the knife in, and just carefully go around, in, and out.
19. Now let’s apply the mango cream between the cake layers. With the help of a spatula spread over the first layer of sponge the mango filling. Put the next sponge layer and repeat the operation until all the layers are filled.
20. Now, with the help of a knife, start carving the cake to give it the shape of a volcano. At the base of the cake carve a kind of pit, which will become the sea. From the pieces of cake taken out, shape with your hands a small mountain, and attach it to the side of the volcano.
21. We are ready for the best part: the spreading of chocolate ganache over the sponge cake😊. With the help of a spatula spread the all over the cake the chocolate ganache (make sure you seal the whole cake with chocolate so that when you’ll pour the gelatin at the base of the cake, it doesn’t get inside and spoil it.
22. Now, after you finish covering the cake, place it in the freezer for 8 hours (or better overnight) to harden the chocolate ganache.
23. Now, start sculpting in the chocolate with a knife, ditches for the “lava” to drain at the foot of the volcano into the sea.
24. Also, with the help of a glass and a knife, cut the top of the cake inside (to form the volcano’s “caldera”. After removing the cut cake, seal it inside with a chocolate ganache.
Decorating the cake:
25. Remove the cream from the Oreo biscuits and ground them in the chopper. Place on the top you are working on, a silicone baking mat, add some starch, then spread the fondant with a rolling pin, sprinkle over the Oreo biscuit crumbs and incorporate them inside the fondant with the rolling pin, press with foil to create texture, then place it on the side of the volcano, and press to stick it to the cake.
26. Brush the cake with water, then apply the fondant on the peak near the volcano and press the fondant with foil to help stick to the cake.
27. Place the grey fondant on the baking mat and spread it with the rolling pin.
28. Now place the fondant over the volcano and mold it, including the “ditches” using fondant tools.
29. Add some starch, place another piece of fondant on the baking mat and add over green biscuits crumbs, incorporate them inside the fondant with the rolling pin, then place it all over the base of the volcano (to give the impression of vegetation),
30. Place another piece of fondant (this time, orange colored) on the baking mat and mold it with your hands, then apply it to the volcano ditches and press and mold them with a fondant ball ((these will represent the lava rivers).
Make the “grass”:
31. In a bowl put 2 eggs and 1 tbsp of Stevie and beat with a mixer for 1 minute, add 1 tsp of corn syrup and green food coloring and mix again until incorporated. Add 2 tbsp of flour and 1 tsp of baking powder and mix again until completely incorporated.
32. Pour the composition into 2 organic glasses, in one of them add a lighter green food coloring if you have it, and put it in the microwave for 1 minute (or 10-12 minutes in the oven). The result is very similar to grass.
33. Apply this grass to one side of the volcano.
Make the sea jelly:
The time has come to create the jelly “sea”.
34. The gelatin is left to hydrate in water for 10 minutes.
35. Put in a pan on the fire, 250 ml of water add the sweetener, and the lemon juice from ½ lemon, stirring constantly until it starts to boil. Remove from the heat, leave to cool slightly, add the bloomed gelatin, mix for a few seconds, then leave to cool at room temperature, and pour it into that cave. then put the cake in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
36. After the gelatine set, with the help of a brush, spread some white food coloring mixed with a little water over it, so that it mimics the waves.
Here is a section through this fabulous and delicious erupting volcano jelly island cheesecake.
Click for Your 8-Week Custom Keto Meal Plan for Effective and Healthy Weight Loss
This recipe will show you how to make the most beautiful and delicious erupting volcano island cake. It’s perfect for a party or a special occasion.
Cheesecakes are one of the most popular desserts, but what makes this one extra special? The fact that it has an erupting volcano on it!
It’s not so complicated to make (but it will take a long time, to me it took almost 3 days:)))) ), and you can use whatever kind of cake or fruit filling you like (or even have some fun with different flavors).
You’ll love this recipe if you’re into a cheesecake that’s sweet, rich, and creamy. The mango adds the perfect tropical touch.
As you know, I promote a healthy lifestyle on Birdy’s Health Dose, but no one is absurd, from time to time we make exceptions😊, as is the case now with this cake, being a festive occasion😊, I partially gave up not adding refined sugar in the recipe, namely for the fondant.
I must admit that I was inspired by the idea of this fabulous cake from a YouTube channel that I warmly recommend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwsw4iWd35g
I guarantee that what you will find on this YouTube channel, you will not find in many places on the internet, Shelby’s imagination is amazing, and you will find some fabulous cake ideas 🙂 You can also check out her website HERE.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
Leave your thoughts below in the comment section! And if you like it don’t forget to share it, and follow me on social media Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and Bloglovin’. Thank you!
You may also like:
- No-Bake Sugar-Free Creamy Gradient Matcha White Chocolate Mirror Glaze Cheesecake
- Refreshing No-Bake, Sugar-Free, Peach Wild Blueberry Lime Jelly Cheesecake
- Fabulous No-bake Sugar-Free Low-Carb Double Blackberry and Red Currant Jelly Cheesecake
- The Most Fragrant No-Bake Sugar-Free Blueberry Jelly and Lemon Curd Cheesecake
- Autumn Flavor Madness – Sea Buckthorn Blueberry Walnuts Cheesecake (No-Bake, Sugar-Free Recipe)
- Decadent Mirror Glaze No-Bake Sugar-Free Chestnut Puree Dark Chocolate and Coffee Cheesecake
- How to Make the Absolutely Best Strawberry Jelly Cheesecake: No-Bake Sugar-Free
- Fabulous Mirror Glaze Vegan, No-Bake, Pumpkin, Vegan Caramel and Walnuts Cheesecake (Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free)
- Fabulous Super Moist Mirror Glaze Sugar-Free Truffle Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry Cake
- Fabulous Vegan Mirror Glaze Chocolate Orange Ginger Cake (No-Bake, Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free)