Edible chestnuts do not grow everywhere, but now, with the arrival of autumn, you will surely find them in all markets, ready to become the most creamy and fine chestnut puree. I guarantee you that the taste is much finer and better than ripe chestnuts and we all like ripe chestnuts, right?
Let’s discover together what are the benefits of this vegan, sugar-free homemade creamy fragrant and delicate chestnut puree, how to prepare it, but also what to eat chestnut puree in the following!
Before presenting the ingredients and how to prepare this delicious, vegan & sugar-free chestnut puree, let’s see some information and benefits of the main ingredient: Edible Chestnuts.
Aren’t you used to eating chestnuts? Very bad, because you should not miss from your diet.
Both edible and wild chestnuts can be useful in treating many diseases. What it recommends is their content rich in substances that act on blood vessels, the nervous system, and the muscular system.
Important sources of vitamins and minerals, edible chestnuts are a real help for people with physical and intellectual asthenia, convalescents, the elderly, and children.
What nutrients do chestnuts contain?
Chestnuts, autumn fruits, have 200 kcal / 100 grams, contain carbohydrates, proteins, fiber, folic acid, vitamins: A and C, minerals (sodium, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, and manganese).
10 Benefits of chestnuts:
• Strengthen the immune system
• Improve digestion
• They have a strong antioxidant effect
• They have an anti-inflammatory effect
• Lower blood pressure and the risks associated with hypertension
• Increase bone density
• Improve brain function
• Energizes you
• Fight anemia
• Helps detoxify the body.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1h: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1h: 50 minutes
• 700 g chestnuts
• 120 g Stevia sweetener
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tbsp rum
• 400 ml of water
• A pinch of salt.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Using a small knife, cut the bulging part of the chestnut. Arrange them in a baking paper tray with the notched side up and put them in the oven for 35 minutes.
3. After this time, take them out in a bowl and cover them with a towel for 10-15 minutes.
4. We go to peel the chestnuts, take the skin down as much as we can.
5. Boil them with water for 20-25 minutes, then add the sweetener and salt. Boil until the liquid in the pot is reduced to half of the initial amount.
6. We pass everything through the robot until we obtain a fine and homogeneous paste.
7. Bring everything to a boil again, add the vanilla extract and rum and simmer for another 3 minutes.
Do not be afraid if it comes out too soft, it will harden after cooling. Serve in cups, the chestnut puree with whipped cream on top.
This vegan and sugar-free chestnut puree is stored in the fridge for 5-7 days in a closed plastic box or hermetically sealed jar.
What can we fill with this vegan and sugar-free chestnut puree?
Have you thought that chestnut puree can be used for something other than the classic dessert with biscuits and cream? The delicious chestnut cream is used in addition to serving as such, or with whipped cream, for filling various cakes and pies.
With this chestnut puree, you can fill the tastiest desserts, such as cream rolls, cakes with fluffy sponge cake and cream, the most delicious eclairs, or choux a la creme, mini tarts, macarons, or a delicious chocolate cheesecake.
This chestnut puree is of rare finesse. It has a fine, creamy texture, very pleasant aroma, and a divine taste, in addition, it is vegan and sugar-free. It is specific to classic French desserts.
I often made this delicate puree to fill various cakes or pies.
Try this chestnut puree because it is extraordinarily tasty, nutritious, and filling. It is a recipe that unfortunately, we can prepare at home only in autumn, during the chestnut season.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- How to Make Almond Milk at Home – My Raw Vegan Recipe
- Homemade Coconut Fresh Milk Recipe – 2 Ways to Prepare It
- My Homemade Dairy-Free, Vegan, Sugar-Free 3-Ingredient Condensed Milk Recipe
- My Delicious Homemade Vegan Dairy-Free Sugar-Free Paleo Salted Caramel Sauce – 2 Recipes
- My Homemade Refreshing Lemon and Lime Curd Recipe (Easy, Keto, Sugar-Free)