If during this period (October) you ask someone about Halloween and what word they could associate it with, one of the answers would be pumpkin. It is decorated as scary as possible. On the outside, people may be able to make it scary, but on the inside, it contains 25 nutrients needed by the body (vitamins, minerals, electrolytes).
If you want to be convinced of the benefits of eating pumpkin, read more about it in my article HERE.
Baked pumpkin bread is my fall treat in my kitchen. Homemade bread with baked pumpkin is beautifully colored, fluffy, and very tasty, without retaining a predominant pumpkin taste.
Pumpkin bread is a popular fall staple, but it can be easy to load it up with refined flour and sugars. Here’s an alternative that uses whole wheat flour and honey instead of refined sugar. The recipe also calls for raisins and pecans, giving the bread a bit of sweetness and crunch, 2 things we’re always in favor of. You’ll find this bread is moist, hearty, and flavorful.
This is one of my favorite pumpkin recipes. You can use canned pumpkin or fresh pumpkin puree in this healthy pumpkin bread recipe.
I find it fascinating how the dough grows during leavening, so that later, in the oven, it can finalize its shape, texture, and smell.
I don’t know what relationship you have with bread, but I love it! I like the crispy crust, the fluffy core, and the warm bread from which I break a piece to satisfy my cravings and senses. The bread with baked pumpkin prepared by me has a beautiful appearance and a yellow and appetizing core.
This amazing wholemeal flour bread with baked pumpkin, raisins, and pecans is a spectacular bread that can be served in autumn and winter next to anything you want to eat with bread.
From breakfast, lunch, or dinner, pumpkin bread will bring color and good taste to your meals.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Leavened Time: 2h
Total Time: 3h: 15 minutes
INGREDIENTS for this healthy pumpkin bread:
• 300 g pumpkin puree
• 500 g wholemeal flour
• 80 g melted butter
• 7 g dry yeast or 25 g fresh yeast
• 50 ml of warm milk
• 2 teaspoons of honey
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/6 tsp nutmeg
• 4 ground cloves
• ½ tsp ginger
• 1 ground allspice
• 2 tbsp of raisins
• 2 tablespoons pecans.
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp flax seeds
• ½ tsp sesame seeds
• ½ tsp chia seeds.
The Only 100% Natural Formula that Helps Torching Off Fat from Your Problem Areas – FDA Approved, Vegetarian, Non-GMO, and Gluten Free
INSTRUCTIONS for this pumpkin bread with raisins, and pecans
1. In a large bowl add the warm milk and melted butter, mix, add the yeast and mix until smooth, add the honey and mix and then let it rise for 10-15 minutes.
2. In another bowl add the pumpkin puree, and salt, sift over half the amount of flour, add the yeast mixture, and mix, sift the rest of the flour, and when we see that it can no longer be mixed with a spoon, we start to knead with our hands.
3. Take the dough from the bowl and put it on the work table, and knead it for 10-minutes until the hand remains clean and is no longer sticky. Whatever the top, do not put flour on the work table because you change the texture of the dough.
4. Put the dough in a bowl, cover it with a towel and leave it to rise for 1 hour.
5. After this hour, take the dough from the bowl and spread it with a rolling pin on the work table over which we previously spread the flour (optionally, as I did, we can add extra flavor, raisins, walnuts), then roll the bread and put it in a tray lined with baking paper and greased with a little butter, cover again with a towel and leave for another 1 hour to leaven in a warm place until it doubles in size.
6. Pumpkin bread has grown very nicely, grease with olive oil, we can spread flax seeds, sesame, and chia, cut with a sharp knife, and then put it in the tray covered with baking paper in the preheated oven at 180 degrees, for 55 minutes, after which we do the toothpick test.
7. Remove it from the pan, and let it cool completely
Who doesn’t like the smell of homemade bread, fresh out of the oven? I don’t know anyone who runs away from this unmistakable aroma. On the contrary, it is an aroma that brings people together.
It makes them like to sit at the table with pleasure and, especially, to appreciate the dishes made at home, as it is this wonderful wholemeal flour bread with baked pumpkin, raisins, and pecans, made from the desire to offer loved ones something healthy, fragrant and good to eat, anytime.
The bread is fluffy, and tasty, with a discreet pumpkin taste and a beautiful color. The peel is crispy, and the texture is right.
So, for a tasty breakfast or a family lunch, wholemeal bread with baked pumpkin, raisins, and pecans can bring a lot of joy.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- Autumn Flavors in A Glass: Creamy and Antioxidant Smoothie with Baked Pumpkin, Blueberries, and Spices
- Delicious and Healthy Autumn Salad with Arugula, Baked Pumpkin, Cranberries, and Caramelized Nuts
- Scented Autumn Recipe: Baked Pumpkin with Honey, Walnuts, Orange, and Spices
- Best Low Carb, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Keto, Flavored Pumpkin and White Chocolate Fat Bombs
- Flavored Pumpkin Tart, with Cashews, Almonds, Agave Syrup, Nutmeg, and Cardamom – Vegan Recipe
- Delicious and Healthy Autumn Recipe: Pasta with Mushrooms and Pumpkin
- Fabulous Mirror Glaze Vegan, No-Bake, Pumpkin, Vegan Caramel and Walnuts Cheesecake (Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free)