So, you have a food processor, and you’re trying to figure out what your first recipe should be. What are you going to make? I would make the best basil, oregano, sorrel, orach, and mint detox green smoothie.
Here’s why: It’s easy to make. Like, really easy. It’s inexpensive, too (especially if you grow your herbs). It’s the most delicious green smoothie I’ve ever had, and I’ve had a lot of ’em.
Smoothies are a great choice, not only for detoxification but also as a constant preparation in your diet. Being in liquid form, they are easier to consume.
Normally, you are not tempted to eat all the ingredients separately, in their original form, but together, they are delicious.
You get to use some super awesome herbs that don’t normally get used in smoothies. It’s got two of my favorite detoxifying ingredients: sorrel and basil.
If you want to lose a few pounds, I think green smoothies are the best things you can drink. They’re healthy and they fill you up, so it’s hard to eat too much. Plus, they’re delicious. I’ve had one every morning for the last couple of years
Contrary to conventional wisdom, the best smoothie doesn’t need store-bought apple juice or honey, or even a banana. It can be made with a few simple ingredients you probably already have at home, or you can find them in the farmer’s markets.
This recipe is the result of many experiments and much trial and error, but it’s worth it. The key ingredients are fresh sorrel, basil, oregano, orach, and mint leaves.
If you’re looking for a smoothie recipe that is super healthy, and tastes great, then look no further.
This recipe has all the health benefits of sorrel, basil, and oregano a tart-flavored leafy green that’s rich in vitamin C and iron. Basil has many health benefits including its ability to help relieve stress and prevent cancer and heart disease. Oregano is rich in antioxidants and is a natural anti-inflammatory as well as an anti-bacterial agent.
This smoothie is a great way to get your nutrients in a delicious and fun form. Not only does it taste great, but it is also good for you.
Before presenting the recipe, let’s see some information about 2 of the main ingredients namely: basil and notch, and all the sources of nutrients they offer.
Basil is one of the most popular spices and, fortunately, this plant can be used not only for cooking.
Basil is a green and leafy herb that can be used for many things. It can be used to garnish foods, add flavor, or make a great smoothie. Basil is a very healthy herb with detoxifying abilities.
Basil is known for adding an Italian flavor to many dishes, but it is great in any food. For example, basil goes very well with tomatoes and mozzarella. Also, it makes a great addition to a salad or pasta dish. Basil has a sweet flavor, so you do not need to use it much when cooking with it.
Basil can also be used in smoothies. Adding basil to your morning smoothie is a great way to make sure you start your day healthy. Basil is thought of as an antioxidant because it helps rid the body of harmful toxins.
In addition to its pleasant aroma, this plant also brings a multitude of health benefits due to its high content of minerals and vitamins, being famous for its therapeutic properties.
Basil is antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and antiparasitic. It also helps to fight inflammation and can protect against oxidative stress.
Cold macerated, the plant is considered a true elixir of youth without old age.
What nutrients does basil contain?
From this plant, the leaves, seeds, and stems are used for therapeutic and aromatic purposes. To benefit from the sweet, intense, and aromatic taste of basil, it is recommended to use it fresh.
Because recipes require relatively small amounts of basil, this plant contributes few vitamins and minerals to typical diets.
12 Benefits of Basil:
• Basil reduces memory loss associated with stress and aging
• Basil reduces depression caused by chronic stress
• Basil reduces strokes and helps recovery after such an episode
• Improves blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglycerides
• Basil helps to relax blood vessels and thin the blood-aspirin-like effect
• Does not allow the multiplication of bacteria that lead to cavities
• Keep insects away – mosquitoes and ticks
• Basil is a natural antibiotic
• Has a strong antioxidant effect
• Is an effective anti-inflammatory
• Prevents aging
• Basil fights stress.
Garden Orach (Notch)
Spring rises through the gardens, but also free, where it grabs. And then you don’t see her all year.
Notch is one of the star greens of this season, not only because of the delicious taste it offers to the food. but especially because of the amazing health benefits it provides to the body.
Since ancient times, the notch has been used for therapeutic purposes for the prevention and treatment of digestive or cardiovascular diseases, but also its antioxidant properties. It is a plant that contains many nutrients and vitamins beneficial to the body.
What nutrients does notch contain?
8 Benefits of notch:
• It is rich in antioxidants
• It has diuretic properties
• It is rich in fiber
• Helps to lose weight and maintain the figure
• Contributes to eye health
• Fights anemia
• May reduce the risk of cancer
• Strengthening the immune system.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Times: 10 Minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS BASIL, OREGANO, ORACH, SORREL, MINT GREEN SMOOTHIE:
• 4 basil leaves
• 4 oregano leaves
• 1 handful of orach leaves
• ½ handful of sorrel leaves
• 4 mint leaves
• 1 banana
• 2 cups of water.
1. Wash the garden orach, sorrel, oregano, basil, and mint very well under running water.
2. Peel the banana and slice it.
2. Add all the ingredients to the blender and mix well until completely incorporated.
Below you have the result of this delicious basil oregano, notch, sorrel, and mint green smoothie.
Good to know:
• Do not add sugar. The recipes contain fruit, which is sweet.
• To take full advantage of the nutritional and healing properties of smoothies, consume them immediately after preparation, within 15 minutes.
• It is important to have the right ingredients, but without a suitable blender, the whole preparation process can be easily compromised.
Green smoothies are my jam. I’ve been making them for years and they never get old, and I never get tired of them.
I’m always experimenting with different smoothie combinations, and I love to play around with herbs. In this recipe, I use basil, oregano, and sorrel – three of my favorite herbs to add to green smoothies.
They have a lovely fresh flavor and make this smoothie extra detoxifying.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- How to Make a Perfect Green Smoothie – The 5 Rules to Follow
- Super Green Cleanse Chlorella, Spinach, Parsley, and Dill Smoothie
- Best Detoxifying Cucumber, Dill, Basil, and Mint Green Smoothie
- Detoxifying Arugula, Avocado, and Kiwi Green Smoothie
- Best-Ever Detoxifying Parsley, Green Apple, Kiwi, and Mint Green Smoothie