Have you ever wanted to make a delicious chocolate fudge roll? If yes, then you’re in luck because this blog post has everything you need to know about making the best chocolate fudge and Raffaello roll ever.
What do you eat when you want a tasty treat but don’t have time to bake a cake? You make this recipe, of course. I’ve tried several versions/combinations of this fudge roll and always come back to the original one. Perfection!
This roll recipe brings together 2 successful preparations: the first is the bar of childhood, that homemade fudge, and the second element is the composition of homemade Raffaello candies.
Both components must be in equal amounts to be able to obtain sheets of similar thickness from which to form the roll and have a certain consistency (not to crack, not to be too dry or too wet).
That’s why I adapted the 2 recipes above not only quantitatively but also in the proportion of the ingredients.
From the ingredients below, I obtained 1 homemade roll of chocolate fudge with Raffaelo, approx. 33 cm and with a diameter of approx. 5 cm. You can halve or multiply the quantities as needed.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients for the homemade chocolate fudge sheet:
• 200 g Stevia sweetener
• 100 ml of water
• A pinch of salt
• ½ teaspoon rum essence
• 110 g fatty butter with min. 80%
• 250 g unsweetened powdered milk
• 50 g unsweetened cocoa powder
• 60 g of fine coconut flakes
• 5 mint leaves (chopped)
• 30 g raspberries.
Ingredients for Raffaello-type white sheet:
• 120 g Stevia sweetener
• 60 g of water
• 130 g fatty butter with min. 80%
• 250 g unsweetened powdered milk
• 140 g of fine coconut flakes
• 15 peeled almonds
• ½ vanilla extract.
• 40 g soft butter for greasing the sheets of baking paper
Ingredients for the Colored mirror glaze:
• 200 g unsweetened white chocolate
• 200 g vegan condensed milk
• 100 ml of heavy cream (30%)
• 100 g Stevia
• 13 g gelatin
• 60 ml of water for the gelatin
• Brown bio food coloring
• White bio food coloring
• Red bio food coloring.
• Almonds with and without skin
• Chocolate balls
• Raffaello balls
• Colored mirror glaze
• Coconut flakes
INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE ROLL WITH RAFFAELLO:
In the first phase, both compositions (black and white) must be prepared because they are worked warm (not hot). I used whole milk powder with 26% fat, unsweetened.
Make the chocolate fudge?
1. In a saucepan, I boiled water, Stevia, and salt. A syrup is formed which should reach approx. 105 C. I didn’t lower it as much as with homemade chocolate because the composition must be softer, and able to be spread with the rolling pin.
2. I turned off the heat and added the butter which will melt almost immediately.
3. In a large metal bowl, I sifted the powdered milk and cocoa and mixed them with a whisk. Thus the dry mix has no lumps. I then poured the hot butter syrup over the dry mix and added the rum essence.
4. I mixed vigorously with a wooden spoon and got a paste softer than the bar. It’s not a problem because the coconut flakes (which I put in now) will absorb a lot of the moisture.
5. Indeed, after mixing the grated coconut we obtained a dense but malleable composition. If it seems too dry (with cracks) then drop some water in it and mix it well.
Don’t add too much water at once as you run the risk of making the paste too soft and having to thin it out with extra milk powder! I obtained approx. 700 g of stick paste.
6. I left aside the homemade chocolate composition for the roll. It’s hot right now and needs to cool down a bit but not completely. It will need to be spread out while it is warm!
Make the Raffaello:
7. I made another syrup from water with Stevia and a pinch of salt also brought to approx. 105 C. I put out the fire and put in the butter.
8. In another bowl, I sifted the powdered milk and mixed it (dry) with the coconut flakes – this way we don’t have lumps. I then poured in the hot syrup and added the vanilla essence. I mixed everything with a wooden spoon and got a compact but moldable mass.
9. This paste is similar to that of the homemade Raffaello candies. And here you can adjust the consistency with a few splashes of water or powdered milk (if it’s too soft).
10. I left the white composition aside to cool a bit. I got approx. 700 g of Raffaello pasta,
How to spread the homemade chocolate sheet
11. I tore 4 sheets of baking paper of approx. 30×40 cm. I smeared the first one with a little soft butter and poured over it the homemade dark chocolate composition.
12. It must be warm but not hot! I covered it with another sheet (not greased) and pressed it from close to close with the rolling pin until I obtained a sheet of roll with a thickness of approx. 1.2-1.5 cm. It turned out to be about 30×33 cm.
This is what the first sheet of fudge looks like. I covered it again with paper to prevent it from forming a crust.
How to spread the Raffaello sheet
13. I did the same with the white sheet of Raffaello. I greased another sheet and spread the white composition covered with the 4th baking paper. The dimensions of the white sheet are similar to the black one.
This is what the white sheet of Rafaello type looks like. It can be patched, adjusted, and filled in uneven edges.
Assembling the fudge and Raffaello roll
14. Now the work goes quickly and easily. I uncovered both sheets of the top papers and placed them on top of each other: that is, I flipped the white coconut sheet over the black homemade chocolate sheet.
15. I peeled off the paper from the white sheet and thought about how to twist this homemade chocolate coconut roll. I decided to start from the edge towards me (the sheets are somewhat rectangular) and work my way closer and closer toward the middle. It must be rolled tightly so that there are no gaps!
I also helped myself with the baking paper at the base. The sheets are warm and easy to handle.
16. All I had to do was wrap the roll in baking paper and put it in the fridge. It needs at least 6-8 hours of cooling (overnight). To prevent them from smelling like a refrigerator, it is good to additionally wrap them in plastic film.
Make the colored mirror glaze:
17. Chop the chocolate and set it aside.
18. In 60 ml of water put the gelatin and let it hydrate for 10 minutes.
19. Put in a pot the whipped cream, and the vegan condensed milk in, stir continuously, and boil for 1 minute. Take off the heat, add the bloomed gelatin, and stir until perfectly incorporated, then pour over the chopped chocolate and stir until combined, pass the obtained composition through a sieve so that no impurities remain, thus obtaining a fine glaze, then mix with a hand blender to obtain that shiny look.
20. Divide the glaze into 3 parts (80% for the brown color, and 10-10% for the white and red colors) you add the 3 colors and mix until well incorporated. Pour the colored chocolate glaze into a larger container/bowl.
21. Cover the glaze with a cling film to avoid creating condensation. Let it cool to 32 degrees after which we can pour it over the roll. If you do not have a thermometer, you can take it with a spoon from the composition, and when it no longer flows like water, but as heavy cream, it is a sign that it has already reached the optimum temperature.
Covering the roll in mirror glaze:
22. Remove the roll from the freezer and place it on a container/bowl narrower than the roll and start pouring the glaze.
23. Allow the excess to drain and refrigerate for another 2 hours
Keeping and serving this homemade chocolate fudge and Raffaello roll:
The best part is that this homemade fudge roll can be kept in the fridge for a month! Absolutely nothing happens! I take it out of the cold for 5 minutes before slicing it and then slice it with a well-sharpened knife with a long, thin blade. The roll slices cut perfectly without crumbling!
I gradually portion the roll into 1 cm thick slices that I place on the serving plate. They are about 5-5.5 cm in diameter. It’s the kind of non-perishable sweet that can sit on tables for hours, can be taken on trips or camps, on a picnic, or can be sent in packages to loved ones.
In addition, you don’t get your hands dirty when you grab a slice, I can’t even tell you about the taste, texture, and aromas! Simple and tasty dessert goodness!
In the end, whether this is the best chocolate fudge roll recipe or not, it’s hard to say. It depends on what your favorite components of a good chocolate fudge roll are.
Are you looking for something easy to make? Something that delivers intense chocolate flavor? Or something where the components complement each other nicely? Regardless, this recipe is still one of the most delicious desserts!
And there you have it, friends. A step-by-step recipe for one of the best desserts in the world: chocolate fudge and Raffaello roll. A perfectly chocolatey treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth and warm your heart. Now go forth, bake, share with all your loved ones, and ENJOY IT!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my recipe?
Leave your thoughts below in the comment section! And if you like it, don’t forget to share it, and follow me on social media Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and Bloglovin’. Thank you!
You may also like:
- Delicious biscuits with coconut flakes and grated apples
- 5-Ingredients Homemade Raffaello Truffles – Keto, Raw Vegan, Sugar-Free Recipe
- Flavored Chocolate, Orange, Crunchy Roasted Walnut, Cinnamon, Keto Fat Bombs
- No-Bake Sugar-Free Delicious Homemade Chocolate Sour Cherries Balls Recipe
- Fine and Delicious, Dark Chocolate, Biscuits, Cream Cheese, Cranberry Truffles (Only 6 Ingredients, Sugar-Free Recipe)
- The Finest and Most Fragrant Chocolate, Vegan Condensed Milk, Hazelnuts, Cognac, Orange Jelly, and Candied Orange Truffles
- How to Make Healthy and Fragrant Pistachio, Lemon, White Chocolate Truffles