“Golden milk” is a delicious drink, with a charming and incredibly healthy appearance, good to drink especially in the evening, with remarkable benefits.
A drink with a whole range of health benefits, golden milk has remarkable anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiseptic, and analgesic properties.
The basic component of this “magic” liqueur is turmeric, which in turn contains curcumin, a polyphenol with over 100 therapeutic uses.
Today’s article is a guide to golden milk: benefits, precautions, and when to drink it, + my 2 homemade vegan golden milk recipes which are not just simple recipes for milk with turmeric, but a drink that can change your life, a magic elixir that can boost your immune system, if used regularly.
13 Benefits of golden milk:
• Golden milk supports the immune system – providing antioxidant, antiseptic, and analgesic benefits.
• Cures coughs and colds
• A good remedy for digestive problems
• Tonic for the liver
• An excellent blood purifier
• Improving the appearance of the skin
• Remedy for headaches
• Reduces arthritis pain
• It has anti-cancer properties
• Helps with a restful sleep
• Regulates metabolism and stimulates weight loss.
• Reduces blood pressure
• Supports brain health and memory.
What are the properties of golden milk ingredients?
The basic recipe for golden milk includes turmeric, ginger, black pepper, and coconut or almond milk.
Depending on your preferences, you can add cinnamon, herbs, or coconut oil, but the drink served at cafes or prepared traditionally is the one consisting of the 4 basic ingredients.
Here are the benefits of the 4 basic ingredients that make up golden milk:
Turmeric powder is a spice with an intense aroma, specifically Indian, but also with a lot of health benefits.
The specific color of turmeric is given by curcumin (considered by some specialists to be the most powerful natural anti-inflammatory compound).
In addition to curcumin, turmeric also contains carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins B2, B3, B6, C, and E, minerals (sodium, potassium, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, zinc), essential oils, and fiber.
9 Benefits of turmeric:
• Blood sugar control – lowering blood sugar
• Cholesterol regulation
• Gastrointestinal treatment
Ginger is food with special properties and benefits on the body’s health, attested by specialized studies.
From supporting immunity in the fight against several bacteria to boosting metabolism, ginger is a reliable help in some conditions that many of us have faced so far.
8 Proven benefits of ginger consumption:
• Stimulates digestive function
• Prevents oral infections
• Antioxidant and energizer
• Remedy for colds and flu
• Helps lower cholesterol
• Soothes nausea
• Helps reduce inflammation
• Contributes to skin and hair care
The 2-Minute Morning Ritual That Helps Boost Metabolism and Keeps You Slim Naturally
Almond milk is the tastiest alternative to cow milk and is an option for people who are allergic to soy and soy milk, respectively. It is rich in a lot of essential nutrients for the body – magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron, zinc, fiber, phosphorus, vitamin E, etc.
It is very versatile and can be drunk as such or sweetened, turned into yogurt, fermented salad dressing, raw pudding, a base for smoothies or soups, in various raw desserts.
8 Benefits of Almond Milk:
• Low caloric content
• Almond milk does not increase blood sugar levels
• Almond milk with an enriched formula supports the health of the skeletal system
• Almond milk can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
• Almond milk is easy to digest and recommended for those who are lactose intolerant.
• Almond milk contains fibers that will protect your intestinal walls.
• Many people who suffer from gastritis or other gastrointestinal disorders add almond milk to their daily diet to regulate bowel function.
• The vitamin B content of almond milk will strengthen your nails and hair and will help your skin look more hydrated.
Black pepper is considered the king of all spices, because it enjoys the greatest popularity in the cuisines of the peoples of the world, but also because it has impressive antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, helping to maintain health and treat many diseases.
Black pepper improves the transfer of the benefits of other plants to different areas of the body, maximizing the efficiency of other healthy foods we eat. That’s why adding pepper to our favorite foods not only delights our taste buds but increases the availability and accessibility of nutrients in our system.
Nutritional composition of black pepper:
Black pepper is a very nutritious spice, full of vitamins and minerals: vitamin A, E, K, C, vitamin B6, sodium, potassium, manganese, copper, etc. It has very few calories, so it can be consumed with confidence by people who want to lose weight.
10 Benefits of black pepper:
• It has an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect
• It is beneficial in fighting bacterial infections
• It is a support in the fight against depression
• Helps in the digestive process
• Contributes to the absorption of nutrients
• Helps to lose weight
• It is a good remedy for coughs and colds
• Gives a healthy and radiant appearance to the skin
• Maintains the health of the oral cavity
• It is beneficial for a healthy heart.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
RECIPE No. 1
• 500 ml almond milk
• 2 teaspoons turmeric
• 1 teaspoon coconut oil
• ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon of grated ginger
• A teaspoon tip of ground black pepper
1. Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix until all the ingredients are completely homogenous.
2. Pour into a glass, garnish with turmeric, cinnamon, pepper, or star anise and serve as such.
I prefer this variant during the summer.
Check Out This Professional Diet Plan Which Can Teach You How to Eat Correctly
RECIPE No. 2
Step 1 – Turmeric paste
• 1 tbsp turmeric powder
• ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
• ½ cup of filtered water
1. Put all the ingredients on the fire and mix well. Turn the heat to medium and stir continuously until the mixture becomes like a thick paste.
2. Allow the mixture to cool, then store it in a jar in the fridge.
Step 2 – Golden milk
• 500 ml of almond milk (find here my homemade raw vegan almond milk recipe), or coconut milk (find here my homemade coconut milk recipe). In this case, I used almond milk.
• 1 teaspoon of coconut oil (it activates the properties of turmeric)
• 1 tsp of the paste obtained in step 1 (or more, according to taste)
• ¼ tsp ground or grated ginger
• ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
• 2 ground cloves
• 1 tsp of honey, or agave syrup, or 2 hydrated seedless dates (the sweetener is optional).
1. Mix the ingredients on the fire, except the honey. Leave the fire to medium.
2. As the drink heats up, stir continuously, and do not let it boil.
3. At the end, after it cools down, add honey to taste (if you want to use a sweetener).
4. Pour into a glass and serve as such, and garnish with turmeric, cinnamon, pepper, or star anise.
I prefer this variant during the cold season.
Although the ingredients used to make golden milk have no negative effects if consumed in small amounts, it is important to pay attention to how you feel and consider the other supplements you take.
High doses of turmeric, consumed for 5-6 months can cause diarrhea, nausea, bloating, or abdominal pain. People with gallstones should also avoid turmeric.
When to drink golden milk:
Most people who have tried this drink consider it beneficial before bed because it promotes relaxation and prevents insomnia.
You can also drink golden milk in the morning if you want to have a hearty breakfast, which will give you a lot of energy until noon. This way you will completely avoid caffeine and you will be able to concentrate more easily.
A cup of golden milk is more than welcome for anyone. In addition to all the health benefits of turmeric, it is an excellent, comforting drink with good taste. Everyone can personalize their cup of turmeric milk as they like, adding their favorite flavors: vanilla, cinnamon, anise, etc.
The obligatory ingredients for golden milk are only turmeric and pepper, without which the absorption of the beneficial elements to health cannot be done correctly. I also add a little coconut oil to give it a little creaminess and a more pleasant aroma.
These are my 2 homemade golden milk recipes, this is how they are prepared, and they are gold for the body. These recipes are dairy-free and gluten-free.
I hope you find them useful, and you prepare them too. You will feel the benefits from the first moments of its consumption.
Have you ever tried golden milk? I’m waiting for your answers in the comment section.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
Leave your thoughts below in the comment section! And if you like it don’t forget to share it, and follow me on social media Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and Bloglovin’. Thank you!
You may also like:
- 4 Immunity Boost Winter Brightly Colored Smoothie Ideas
- How to Make the Perfect Smoothie – My Complete Guide + 16 Recipes
- How to Make a Perfect Green Smoothie – The 5 Rules to Follow
- Alkaline nutrition vs acidic nutrition
- My Homemade Dairy-Free, Vegan, Sugar-Free 3-Ingredient Condensed Milk Recipe
- My Delicious Homemade Vegan Dairy-Free Sugar-Free Paleo Salted Caramel Sauce – 2 Recipes
- Homemade Creamy Fragrant and Delicate Chestnut Puree (Vegan and Sugar-Free Recipe)
Hello from the UK
I have a facial palsy due to toxicosis from sodium nitrate which led to nitrosamines which are highly toxic. I have not had golden milk as per your recipe but have had something close to it. It is very good as you say.
So thank you very much for your post, good to see it. I have taken a copy for reference so I don’t forget.
Hi, I’m glad you like my article.