A healthy lifestyle does not mean that you have to follow restrictive diets or that you have to go to the gym every day.
If you follow a few simple rules and create a routine that you follow daily, you will see that you will make healthy eating and exercise a way of life, not just a means to lose a few extra pounds or eliminate toxins. from the body, and then return to unhealthy habits.
It’s easy to have a balanced lifestyle to regain your vitality and health – you just have to want it!
We are different and have different personal motivations to exercise, but a few rules that work for most can help us maintain our interest in sports, achieve results, and feel that we are making progress for our health.
Getting involved in choosing the right form of exercise, knowing how to prepare to avoid injuries from the start, how much exercise and at what intensity should be done to get results, and how to support our body for this effort is information helpful when we want to start sports.
In this article you will learn the mechanisms by which we can create healthy eating habits and how we can make exercise a friend forever.
6 Steps to keep up with our resolutions
1. Choose the resolutions that can be achieved
Losing 20 pounds a month or running a marathon by March is impossible. Set goals that are rational and appropriate for your abilities, skills, equipment, and genetics.
2. Set sub-objectives (smaller and more achievable)
If you have high goals (and it’s not bad at all, on the contrary!) Divide them into lower goals, which are easier to accomplish. Do you want to have 15 kg less fat?
Make sure you lose between 1 and 2 kilograms of fat each month.
Having a goal that is too big, even half a year from now can be demotivating because you will not see progress. Small goals will solve this problem. They will motivate you to achieve bigger goals.
3. Remember that resolutions are somehow limited or measurable
“I’ll walk” or “I want to get stronger.” These are poorly set goals. “I will work regularly every Monday and Thursday starting tomorrow.”
For all resolutions, make sure that they can be measured in one way and, if possible, the exact time interval in which you want to reach them (drop a kilogram at a certain time, run a certain number of kilometers in a certain moment, or period).
4. Be specific with your resolutions
If you decide to start exercising, choose the right gym, what lessons you will participate in, and, ideally, on what days and hours. The more you specify your goal and give it its precise shape, the easier it will be and the more eager you will be.
5. Don’t say “I want”, but “I will do”
A correct resolution should never start with the words I want or need. You never say, “I want to lose two pounds.” Just say, “I’m going to lose two pounds!” This will automatically lead you to success.
6. Imagine what it will be like when you reach your goals
Imagine yourself in those jeans you didn’t fit in two years ago. In a dream dress that fits you perfectly. Sweaty, but happy after a successful half marathon. Approved by your doctor that you finally have lower blood pressure.
These things will motivate you to the maximum!
Each of us needs to find the motivation to start doing sports and then to have the determination to continue.
Everything starts with ourselves. The emphasis shifts from going to a fitness class, to preparing for the fitness class.
How do we prepare for the fitness class?
It is necessary to be able to play light sports from the beginning and to eliminate the risk of accidents. This involves choosing equipment that suits us, in which we feel good.
Fabrics that do not retain perspiration, footwear adapted to the type of movement, but also the shape of our foot is recommended.
My recommended fitness equipment, accessories, and devices
- Magnetic Stationary Upright Exercise Bike
- Medicine Ball, Ideal for Upper, and Lower Body Workouts
- BOSU Ball – Provides Cardio, Muscular Strength, Flexibility, and Endurance for Highly Effective Workouts
- The Best 3 Set Kettlebells On The Market – 5,10,15 lbs
- The Best 10 Pounds Kettlebell On The Market
- Resistance Band Set with Door Anchor, Ankle Strap, Exercise Chart, and Carrying Case
- Yoga, Pilates, Exercise Mat with Carrying Strap
- Jump Rope – Boxing MMA Fitness Training – Speed Adjustable
- Fitbit Advanced Smartwatch with Tools for Heart Health, Stress Management & Skin Temperature Trends, Alexa Built-in
- Men and Women Running Shoes
- Men and Women Fitness Workout T-Shirt
There should be no aspects that bother you, that distract you from exercising when you get to the gym, and this also applies to other types of activities, such as cycling, hiking, running.
Fitness is not only practiced at the gym, according to perception, but it means any form of movement. The very acronym FITT comes from the words Frequency, Intensity, Training Time / Type, and Training Type.
How much exercise do we have to make?
The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends that adults between the ages of 18 and 64 exercises at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise each week: walking, cycling, light dancing, and 75 minutes of exercise. with high intensity: jogging, football, tennis, swimming, or an equivalent combination of the two.
If on average, we get 30 minutes of physical activity a day, which is enough, but from exercise, we must switch to diet and it is important to consider a diet plan.
Food can make a difference
The diet plan means a personalized balance between the three macronutrients: proteins, fats, and carbohydrates, as well as between micronutrients: vitamins (A, C, D), and minerals (Iron, Magnesium, Calcium, Manganese, Potassium, Zinc).
The diet plan ensures not only the balance in the body but also the maintenance of energy. Unlike diets, which are recommended by specialists following medical tests, specifically to treat certain diseases, the diet provides the necessary nutrients to the body, adapted to the effort we make daily.
How do we support the body when we exercise?
The body needs exercise to maintain its vitality and eliminate toxins, but in turn, consumes essential nutrients in the process.
Moreover, given that many of us do not have a diet of three meals a day, it is difficult to get everything we need from food.
To support the body, food supplements are taken, carefully regarding their source, from certified manufacturers, with tested formulas, purity, and optimal concentrations, to bring a real addition to the body.
My recommended food supplements
- Optimal Health and Wellbeing, Multivitamin and Mineral Supplement, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, 90 tablets (90 servings)
- Triple Omega 3-6-9
- Best High Absorption Magnesium Glycinate Lysinate, 100% Chelated, Non-GMO, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy Free
The 6 mistakes we make when we start exercising
1. The most common mistake is to want results too fast. This is how we end up asking our body a lot in the first training sessions.
The consequence is that fatigue sets in, we will feel that we are making too much effort for results that are obtained in time, not immediately.
2. If we are beginners, we must learn the correct movements.
We need to make slow movements, many repetitions, until we get to execute that movement naturally, as a gesture.
3. It is just as wrong to do sports while following a drastic diet.
From the food, we get the energy we need during the day, including sports, and if we do not provide the body with the necessary nutrients, it gives up.
4. To these is added the lack of rest.
Rest is the process by which the body recovers and regenerates its tissues, and people who do sports should also have a rigorous rest program.
5. Hydration is essential.
Water participates in all the chemical reactions in the body, so proper hydration is very important.
6. It is also important that, after reaching the desired results, we reduce to 50% the intensity of the effort, to allow the body to adapt to the new parameters, but to keep it active.
5 recommended measures that each of us can take to stay healthy and motivated to exercise
1. Dose the effort to allow the body to adapt. 30 minutes a day, moderate activity, according to the recommendation of the World Health Organization, because over time the performance increases and the body’s need to do sports will impose the rhythm.
You don’t have to go to the gym every day if time doesn’t allow it. But that’s not an excuse to live a sedentary life.
Take time to exercise, sign up for pilates or aerobics classes, go swimming, go for a run, do yoga or exercise right at home (find full-body workouts HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, or HERE). Climb the stairs instead of taking the elevator, get up from your chair, and take a few steps through the office, get a medicine ball or jump rope.
There are so many possibilities! It is important to want to exercise and you will see how your overall tone will improve, you will be healthier and full of energy!
2. Be organized about meals and try to maintain a balance between the three macronutrients: protein, fat, and carbohydrates, and between micronutrients: vitamins and minerals.
3. Be careful to look for deficiencies in your body
It is difficult to get all the necessary nutrients from food alone, so you need to supplement with food supplements after you have documented their quality.
4. Rest ensures the body’s recovery, therefore exposure to digital screens before sleep should be avoided because it inhibits the secretion of melatonin, which induces restful sleep.
5. Going out with friends provides us with the social connection and comfort we all need to relax and keep ourselves functional in our daily lives.
Habits form in about 3 weeks. Even if you want to give up after just a few days, try lasting up to over 20 days. After this threshold, the organization becomes easier, and the initial plan to exercise becomes an important part of your life, which you will find it harder to give up.
You want to have a healthy lifestyle! But what do you do to get it? Act now and become a healthy and energetic person!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my “Exercise and Healthy Eating, from Resolution to Healthy Habits”article? Leave your thoughts below in the comment section! And if you like it don’t forget to share it, and follow me on social media Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Linkedin. Thank you!