It’s the beginning of the week, it’s spring and the weather is finally beautiful. To make the week even more beautiful than announced, I also come with a greens salad in which I gathered some spring colors.
With this fragrant salad of wild garlic and spring greens, I still celebrate the wild garlic season, because it would be a greater sin to let its time pass without getting as much as possible from this so valuable natural detoxifier.
Before presenting the recipe, let’s see some information about the main ingredient: the wonderful and fragrant wild garlic.
The Wild Garlic
Wild garlic, also called the bear’s garlic, which appears in forests at the beginning of March, has leaves like lily-of-the-valley with which it is often confused and smells like garlic. It is used in soups, broths, and salads.
It is rich in vitamin A and vitamin C, sulfur, ethereal oil, mineral salts of calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, copper, and adenosine, a substance that lowers cholesterol. It helps cleanse the blood, liver, stomach, and intestines of toxins.
- Calcium: Role, Benefits, Deficiency, Sources, Daily Dose, Supplements
- All about Iron: Role, Benefits, Deficiency, Sources, Daily Dose, Supplements
• It has an anti-cancer effect. Sodium selenium and sulfur compounds from wild garlic have a very strong antitumor action, especially in the case of colon, thyroid, testicular, female genital, lung, and urinary cancers.
• It has an anti-inflammatory effect, contributing to the healing of the sequelae after strokes, varicose veins, and hemorrhoids.
• It has an anti-aging effect, the substances in the wild garlic neutralize the free radicals due to which the aging process takes place.
• Keeps your heart healthy. Wild garlic is a good vasodilator, that regulates the heartbeat, tones the heart muscles, maintains the elasticity of the blood vessels, and prevents the formation of blood clots.
• It treats asthma, thanks to the substances with, expectorant, and antiseptic effects, and the antiviral and antibiotic substances of wild garlic help to treat bronchitis, viruses, flues, and pneumonia.
• It is a powerful detoxifier and blood purifier and prevents vascular accidents if consumed in the salad, regularly.
- All about lungs detoxification: role, causes, respiratory diseases, symptoms, diet, natural remedies, tips
- Quick 48 hours detox cure of the colon, kidneys, and liver
Today I will present you with a detoxifying raw vegan aromatic wild garlic and spring greens salad, packed with vitamins and minerals, only good for this early spring.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 2 Minutes
Total Time: 12 Minutes
INGREDIENTS for this aromatic spring greens salad:
• 2 bundles of wild garlic
• 1 small green lettuce
• ½ cucumber
• 1 small tomato
• 5 radishes
• ½ bell pepper
• 2 green onions
• 4 mint leaves
• A few sprigs of parsley
• A few dills thread.
• 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
• The juice from ½ lemon
• ½ teaspoon of Dijon mustard
INSTRUCTIONS for preparing this aromatic spring greens salad recipe:
1. Wash well the lettuce, the wild garlic, the green onion, and the rest of the greens, then chop them (not very small).
2. Cut the cucumber and radishes into slices.
3. Prepare the dressing by mixing all the ingredients.
4. Put all the ingredients in a bowl and add the dressing of olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper, and mix.
Healthy foods and diets are something ingrained in all of us. In today’s world we’re all looking for ways to improve our overall health, and if we can do it through diet then all the better.
If you are looking for a salad that is refreshing, crunchy, and light, then look no further. The wild garlic in this salad has a wonderful garlicky flavor that is paired beautifully with the spring greens. Together with the dressing it makes for a delicious combination of flavors and textures.
In this recipe, I’ve tried to achieve a different take on a salad that allows us to make use of both wild garlic, as well as other natural ingredients, which can offer some added health benefits.
Enjoy the delicious and aromatic taste of this wild garlic and spring greens salad next to a dish based on rice, quinoa, and chicken, or enjoy it as such.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- Spinach and valerian salad with mozzarella and orange
- Salad pasta with grilled vegetables and parmesan cheese
- Chickpeas salad with tomatoes and tuna fish
- Baked Beetroot Salad with Blue Cheese and Walnuts – Nutritious and Tasty
- Delicious and Healthy Autumn Salad with Arugula, Baked Pumpkin, Cranberries, and Caramelized Nuts
- Delicious Autumn Arugula Salad with Feta Cheese, Grapes, and Pears
- Broccoli Salad with Pineapple, Apple, and Chicken Breast That Helps You Lose Weight