As I said other times, slow metabolism is not just an excuse invented by people who don’t have a will to lose weight. There is no such thing, whether we are talking about genetic information, aging, or a consequence of an inadequate diet for a long time.
Of course, it is ideal to change the way of life, but it also helps if you introduce certain foods in the diet that have the property of stimulating burns.
Here are the top 10 such foods:
• Hot Peppers
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
Broccoli is a very good vegetable for health, with many benefits. Broccoli lowers cholesterol, improves vision, fights cancer, detoxifies the body. Low in calories, but rich in micronutrients, broccoli is one of the vegetables that we should not lack in nutrition.
It has many properties, being an extremely rich vegetable in nutrients, minerals, and vitamins, such as vitamin A, B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid, potassium, selenium, manganese, and phosphorus.
Moreover, this vegetable also contains certain compounds with a strong antioxidant role.
• Detoxifies the body. Broccoli purifies the blood and prevents infections and other conditions that lead to the accumulation of toxins in the body.
• Maintains bone health. Broccoli contains calcium and vitamin K, both of which play an essential role in maintaining bone health and preventing osteoporosis.
• It is also an important source of protein. These are ideal for those who want to lose weight and follow a diet because it offers a feeling of satiety. Moreover, broccoli is rich in chromium, which has the role of stopping the craving for sweets, thus reducing the number of calories.
• Improves digestion. The high fiber content also contributes to the regulation of digestive transit.
How is it consumed?
Broccoli is very tasty eaten raw, in a salad with any other vegetables: radishes, green salad, green onion, cucumbers, bell peppers, seasoned with olive oil.
With a rich and refined taste, extremely fresh and easy to find in the markets, especially in spring and autumn, this legume plant is a real source of health.
• The high content of vitamins and minerals causes the people who consume spinach to strengthen their immune system.
• Diet – one cup of spinach contains about 20% of the recommended daily dose of fiber that helps digestion, prevents constipation, balances blood sugar, and provides a feeling of satiety.
• It cleanses the body of toxins through its purifying role due to the amount of sulfur it contains. Spinach is used in detoxification strains of the body during spring, with a large number of antioxidants.
• Spinach poultices or compresses with spinach juice are applied to improve burns, acne, dermatitis.
• Spinach seeds are beneficial in the fight against constipation, it removes nausea and intestinal pain.
Spinach fibers help increase intestinal peristalsis, purify the entire digestive tract, stimulating digestion.
How is it consumed?
• Spinach is eaten raw in salads. Raw salads to which a dressing is added or mixed with other vegetables and cheese have beneficial effects of remineralization of the body and anticancer effects.
• Spinach juice obtained by chopping, mixing fresh leaves is beneficial in treating digestive tract disorders. In the preparation of spinach juice, you can add 2 apples without seeds and 150 ml of water. It is used in spring diets by consuming 500 ml/day of spinach juice.
You can find HERE a spinach & valerian recipe
Lettuce leaves are an excellent source of nutrients, containing vitamins A, C, B1, B2, K, E, and minerals, such as potassium, iron, copper, phosphorus, etc.
• Many of the nutrients that lettuce contains help prevent osteoporosis and improve bone structure. Lettuce is a rich source of vitamin K, which plays an important role in increasing bone mass and prevents osteoporosis.
• Lettuce is rich in minerals and alkaline elements, extremely important for the health of the blood. It helps clean blood.
• Helps in weight loss diets. The lettuce is ideal for people who are losing weight because it contains very few calories. It also has a high water content, which helps to hydrate the body.
• Treats constipation. The lettuce is ideal for treating constipation. It contains large amounts of dietary fiber that stimulates intestinal function and digestion.
• Lettuce is also beneficial for treating indigestion.
How is it consumed?
The lettuce is consumed, as such, in sandwiches or the form of salad mixed with other vegetables or vegetables.
Oat is a food rich in protein, unsaturated fat, and vitamin B. It is the cereal with the highest concentration of vitamins and minerals. Among others, oats have many beneficial properties for the skin and regulate intestinal transit.
Moreover, oats are made up of 25% of the protein, a higher concentration than in any other cereal. it has a protein concentration as high as milk, meat, or eggs.
• The plant has mineralizing, tonic, antidepressant, emollient, sedative, laxative, and purifying effects.
• Oat also acts positively on blood vessels and heart, lowering blood cholesterol and blood sugar.
• Oat contains many proteins and carbohydrates, healthy (unsaturated) fats, vitamins, and minerals. Thus, this cereal is a wonderful source of energy that helps prevent fatigue.
• Due to its high soluble fiber content, oats help digest food and regulate the digestive system. Oat consumption prevents constipation and facilitates intestinal transit.
• Regenerates tissues – because it is rich in protein, oats favor the production and development of new tissues in the body.
• There are many benefits of oats also for the silhouette. The daily intake of this breakfast cereal helps you keep your weight under control or gradually lose weight. You can eat oatmeal dipped in milk or yogurt.
How is it consumed?
There are many ways to introduce oats into your daily diet. In general, it is consumed in two forms: flakes and bran.
Almonds, especially raw ones, are definitely on the shortlist of healthy foods – nuts and seeds – of people who are actively interested in a healthier lifestyle. Unlike other nuts, almonds contain a higher proportion of “healthy” fats, which bring real health benefits.
• It helps to cover the protein needs of the body. A serving of only 28 grams of almonds, offers 6 g of protein, which corresponds to 12% of the recommended daily dose.
• Almonds promote bone and tooth health due to the presence of magnesium and phosphorus minerals, thus helping to keep healthy teeth.
• Almonds have huge benefits for the skin, protecting it from pollution. Including almonds in the diet, you can benefit from very beautiful, supple, and elastic skin. When applying almond oil directly it helps to have healthy and smooth skin
• Almonds are useful in keeping the body weight under control – a fact due to the presence of plenty of healthy fats and dietary fiber, which gives a higher degree of satiety, helping you to feel full for a longer time.
6) Hot Peppers
• Astonishing benefits of consuming hot peppers include improving cognitive function, reducing blood pressure and preventing cardiovascular disease, clearing nasal congestion, alleviating bowel disease, promoting weight loss, and improving longevity.
• Increases immunity. The bright red color of hot peppers indicates the high content of Vitamin A. Vitamin A is also known as an anti-infection vitamin and serves as the first line of defense against infections.
• It helps to lose weight. The substance that determines the level of fatigue – capsaicin, helps the body burn more calories. You can lose weight by consuming regular chili pepper, by including regular exercises, of course.
Capsaicin reduces appetite and increases metabolism. The heat you feel after eating hot peppers burns calories.
How is it consumed?
Hot peppers can be consumed raw, boiled, dried, or added as the main ingredient in sauces. It has a strong and spicy aroma when you cut it raw to eat it.
Apples are great fruits for the health of any person. How often have you heard that an apple a day keeps the doctor away? A large variety of apples are available throughout the year.
• The main benefits of apples are due to their very high content of antioxidants and pectin, which stimulates the natural detoxification of the body. Daily consumption of apples or apple juice can stimulate natural detoxification, ensuring the proper functioning of the liver.
• Due to its high potassium content, apples are a natural diuretic that fights water retention and many problems associated with it.
• These fruits stimulate the production of saliva, helping to reduce the bacteria that cause cavities and other dental hygiene problems.
• Also, apples are very satiated, being recommended to people who want to lose weight, but who cannot control their appetites.
How are consumed?
If you have the opportunity, buy green apples, and be careful to eat them all with the peel to get more fiber, improve digestion, and combat water retention.
Tomatoes are considered both a fruit and a vegetable and are part of cuisines from all over the world. Consumption of tomatoes offers health benefits along with improving the taste of food.
• The benefits of tomatoes include stimulating blood circulation, improving digestion, protecting the kidneys, detoxifying the body, and preventing premature aging.
• Tomatoes compete with citrus fruits for vitamin C content, but they are also rich in vitamin A and antioxidants.
• Tomatoes contain a considerable amount of calcium and vitamin K. Both nutrients are essential for strengthening the bone system and restoring the bones in case of rupture.
• Tomatoes keep the digestive system healthy by preventing both constipation and diarrhea.
• Tomatoes are a source of health and vitality and a reliable ally in any weight loss cure. Very importantly, 100 grams of tomatoes contain a total of only 35 calories.
How do we consume them?
Whether we add them in refreshing salads, soups, or sauces, they are a basic ingredient in stews or pasta, the tomatoes are tasty, aromatic and come in a variety of varieties. Perhaps the most important aspect is that they are very healthy for us.
Whether you like to drink lemon water for detoxification or use lemon essential oil or eat a tasty pie, lemon should not be missing from your diet.
• Lemons are a rich source of Vitamin C, an important nutrient, whose benefits have been closely linked to increased immune health. Moreover, lemons are rich in antioxidants that fight against inflammation and help in better immunity.
• Vitamin C in the lemon may help improve iron absorption to prevent anemia.
• Lemons also contain vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin B6, folic acid, iron, magnesium, calcium, copper, potassium, zinc, and phosphorus.
• Adjusts the Ph in the body. Although in their natural state the lemons are acidic due to the chemical composition, when they come into contact with our body, they turn into alkaline substances. Contrary to expectations, lemons calm the stomach, balance gastric juices, and can reduce discomfort in case of heartburn.
• Lemons are rich in antioxidants and natural compounds effective against cancer, so it’s not surprising that many studies have found how effective lemons are at fighting cancer cells.
• Among the benefits of the lemon for the body are the reduction of the number of kidney stones or reducing cancer cells in the body.
• Cleans the digestive system. A diet rich in lemons, with a consumption of about 2 lemons per week, ensures a constant and optimal colon cleansing.
• They have an antibacterial effect. Lemons have an astringent, aseptic, and antibacterial effect.
• Stimulates weight loss – lemon juice activates metabolism and breaks down fat, which is why it is an ideal supplement in any diet. Although the lemon helps to lose weight, it would be advisable to combine a balanced diet full of nutrients and a healthy lifestyle if you want long-term satisfying results.
Cucumbers are rich in nutrients, but their greatest merit is that they hydrate the body, due to its high water content. They are calorically poor, but they are a source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamins B, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, zinc, and silicon.
• Cucumbers contain antioxidants, fibers, and enzymes that stabilize and improve the digestive process. Although most of us eliminate the peel, the cucumber must be eaten completely with the peel, because it contains many of these nutrients.
• The water content of cucumbers has an antioxidant, diuretic, and moisturizing role. If you eat an average cucumber, it’s like drinking half a glass of water. And all this fluid will cleanse your kidneys and bladder, prevent the formation of kidney stones, and the appearance of urinary infections.
• Rich in fiber, cucumber regulates digestion and can get rid of heartburn. The substances in its composition can alkalize the stomach environment, making it less acidic and reducing the symptoms of gastritis or gastric ulcer.
• Cucumbers can also treat constipation if they are consumed regularly or in the form of juice.
• It helps digestion and weight loss. Due to the high water content, cucumbers have very few calories, which is why they are perfect for people who want to lose weight.
How do we consume them?
Cucumbers should be consumed especially in summer when our body needs more hydration. You can add them to salads, juices, and smoothies.