How do you lose weight without gaining again the lost pounds? Many believe that they know the answer: you are starving yourself until you reach the ideal weight, than you eat what you want! Unfortunately, it is the sure way to frustration, discomfort, imbalance, over-metabolism, then weight gain.
Getting to the desired weight and maintaining yourself is neither simple, nor quick, but neither impossible.
Cutting down on carbs and calories is one of the best ways to lose weight, and while you shouldn’t be cutting them out completely, following a low carb 1500 calorie diet plan will ensure you stay on track and achieve your weight loss goals.
What is the 1500 Calorie Diet Plan?
Try this healthy and easy-to-follow eating plan. It is designed to be nutritionally balanced and to ensure you 5 meals a day. This plan is based on 1500 kilocalories/ day, distributed in three meals and two snacks that help to increase the metabolic rate.
Following a low-calorie diet can help you lose weight, and control your food intake.
Foods to eat on the 1,500 calorie diet plan
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
1. Non-starchy vegetables such as kale, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and asparagus
2. Fruits such as berries, pears, melons, grapes and bananas
3. Starchy vegetables like potatoes, peas, and butternut squash
4. Fish and shellfish including salmon, cod, shrimp, trout, and oysters
8. Plant-based protein sources like tofu and tempeh
9. Whole grains
11. Healthy fats like avocado and coconut oil
12. Dairies such as yogurt, kefir and full-fat cheeses
13. Seeds, nuts and nut butter
14. Plant-based kinds of milk such as coconut, almond, and cashew
15. Seasonings like garlic, oregano, rosemary, black pepper, and sea salt
16. Condiments including salsa, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and garlic powder
17. Beverages like water and sparkling water, coffee, and green tea
Foods to avoid on the 1500 calorie diet plan
1. Fast foods like pizza, chicken nuggets, French fries, and hot dogs
2. Refined carbs such as white bread and pasta, sugary cereals, bagels, crackers and tortillas
3. Added sugars like sugary snack bars, baked goods, candy and agave
4. Processed foods like boxed pasta dishes, processed deli meats, and packaged foods
5. Fried foods like potato chips, doughnuts, and deep-fried foods
6. Diet and low-fat foods including low-fat ice cream and diet frozen meals
7. Sweetened beverages like soda, fruit juice, energy drinks, and sweetened coffee drinks
So guys let’s see how the 7-day 1500 calorie/ day meal plan looks like:
|Monday||Natural yogurt with fresh apricots, cinnamon, and pistachios. 13g carbohydrates / 17g fat / 11g protein / 245 kcal||Banana nectar with 150g bananas and 200g apple juice. 54g carbohydrates / 65mg lipids / 2g protein / 220 kcal|
|Tuesday||Omelet made from 3 eggs with 90g of spinach (one-part chopped in the omelet, one side garnish). 1.5g carbohydrate / 25g fat / 21g protein / 310 kcal||1 small pear (150g) and 25g nuts. 15g carbohydrate / 17g fat / 4.2g protein / 232 kcal|
|Wednesday||400g mixed fruit salad with 25g pumpkin seeds and 25g natural yogurt. 60g carbohydrate / 12.5g fat / 10.3g protein / 382 kcal||2 oats cakes with 25g cheese and cucumber. 14.3g carbohydrates / 14.3g lipids / 7g protein / 210 kcal|
|Thursday||Oatmeal with grated apples, and cinnamon. 30g carbohydrate / 3.3g fat / 5g protein / 156 kcal||1 orange and 25 g of hazelnuts. 13g carbohydrates / 1g lipids / 5.2g protein / 215 kcal|
|Friday||70g bacon or ham with grilled tomato and sliced mushrooms and a slice of toasted whole bread. 37g carbohydrate / 17g fat / 24g protein / 392 kcal||7 dates 34g carbohydrates / 100mg lipids / 1.6g protein / 135 kcal|
|Saturday||Berries mixed with muesli without sugar and natural yogurt. 45g carbohydrate / 7.5g fat / 12g protein / 287 kcal||1 medium banana. 39g carbohydrates / 500 mg lipids / 2g protein / 160 kcal|
|Sunday||100g smoked salmon and 2 eggs omelet, with a slice of toasted whole bread. 15g carbohydrate / 14g fat / 39.5g protein / 346 kcal||1 apple and 15g almonds. 16g carbohydrate / 8g fat / 3.7g protein / 150 kcal|
|Monday||Tuna and chickpeas salad topped with parsley and lemon sauce. 22g carbohydrates / 16g fat / 50g protein / 428 kcal||25g peanuts. 3g carbohydrates / 16g fat / 50g protein / 141 kcal||Baked potato (200g) with 100g avocado and 100g light cabbage salad. 78g carbohydrate / 17g fat / 6.4g protein / 487 kcal|
|Tuesday||400g soup with large chunks of vegetables and 1 slice of rye bread (100g). 35g carbohydrate / 16.8g fat / 8g protein / 317 kcal||100g lean ham with a green salad. 2.7g carbohydrates / 3.9g fat / 19.4g protein / 123 kcal||Grilled pork with peppers and green onions. 41g carbohydrates / 13.8g fat / 69g protein / 560 kcal|
|Wednesday||Pita bread with chicken,.and avocado 27g carbohydrates / 23.8g fat / 35g protein / 457 kcal||150g tomato soup. 11.8g carbohydrate / 6g fat / 1.6g protein / 104kcal||300g grilled fish with 200g green beans. 6g carbohydrate / 16.6g fat / 72g protein / 460 kcal|
|Thursday||Whole grain bread sandwich with shrimp and salad. 64g carbohydrate / 8.7g fat / 37g protein / 460 kcal||1 fruit yogurt. 26g carbohydrate / 1g fat / 5g protein / 135kcal||Grilled salmon with asparagus and carrot. 5g carbohydrates / 27g fat / 50g protein / 465 kcal|
|Friday||Omelet of 2 eggs with vegetables and salad. 18.6g carbohydrates / 24.9g fat / 17g protein / 360 kcal||Hummus with sliced carrot, 50g hummus, and 100g carrot. 11.2g carbohydrates / 6.3g lipids / 4.5g protein / 116 kcal||Thai shrimps and sweet corn in a pan with brown rice. 74g carbohydrate / 6.5g fat / 51g protein / 547 kcal|
|Saturday||Boiled vegetables and pasta with grated cheese. 42g carbohydrates / 19g fat / 25g protein / 440 kcal||150g seedless olives. 0 carbohydrates / 16g fat / 1.3g protein / 150 kcal||Lamb fillets in mustard sauce with spices, sweet potatoes, and tomato salad. 24g carbohydrate / 21g fat / 32g protein / 420 kcal|
|Sunday||150g grilled beef with 100g new potatoes and 200g vegetable mix. 20g carbohydrates / 10g lipids / 56g protein / 395 kcal||1 apple and 15g almonds. 16g carbohydrate / 8g fat / 3.7g protein / 150 kcal||Vegetable soup and cheese. 10g carbohydrate / 19g fat / 14g protein / 275 kcal|
Combine the diet with physical exercises
Remember to be active every day, find HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE physical exercises for beginners and intermediates that can be performed at home, only with your body weight. You should start your training with some warm-up cardio exercises and finish it with stretching exercises.
Make sure you drink 2 liters of water a day (more about hydration HERE). To help reduce stress, try avoiding caffeine by choosing herbal tea, which is healthier.
You may also like:
- The correct combination of foods
- Alkaline nutrition vs acidic nutrition
- How important is for our health that we have 3 main meals a day?!
- Obesity and its effects on health
- The risks of fast weight loss diets for our health
- 5 ways to maintain your body weight after a weight loss cure
- 5 mistakes which prevent you to get rid of the belly fat